Tax and Operations Support Specialist
Company: South Florida IT Staffing
Posted on: September 27, 2018
Job Description Title: Tax and Operations Support Specialist Reports To: Vice President, Tax and Operations Support Status: W-2
Job Summary The Tax and Operations Support Specialist (TOSS) is responsible for supporting the tax, ACH, banking and other operations functions. The TOSS will also conduct other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Tax and Operations. Key Responsibilities
- Lives and champions core values at all times, demonstrating the highest levels of personal character, integrity, and servant leadership.
- Works closely with the team to ensure a high quality client experience.
- Providing Quality Control over data integrity for newly established clients.
- Actively seeks to grow business, including identifying and acting on sales opportunities.
- Provides occasional internal team training.
- Delivers outstanding client service at all times, including proactively anticipating client needs, maintaining frequent and professional client communication, and responding quickly to any service requests.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment to ensure beneficial outcomes for clients and .
- Develops and maintains positive client and sales representative relationships.
- Acts as back-up for teammates as needed, covering for others in their absence and ensuring overall team service excellence.
- Assists with initial/new hire and ongoing training support within team.
- Works effectively with the entire team, seeking input and developing win-win solutions to any process, service, quality, or productivity issues.
- Complies with all company work rules, standards, and policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintains high degree of technical competence and industry/market expertise.
- Ensures professional skills are continuously improved by actively participating in internal/external development opportunities
- Develops and maintains positive, productive relationships with leadership, peers, co-workers, teammates, and employees.
- Ability to support TLM, Payroll and HRIS as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific Duties Banking:
- Create nightly bank files
- Maintain client database in Cachet
- Monitor Wire clients - ensure that payments are held/released accordingly
- Monitor and resolve bank returns - Rejected Tax Deposits/NSF
- Manually pull back and fund Rapid Pay Cards
- Ensure settlement of Rapid Reversals into our bank account
- Assist clients and payroll team with questions in regards to banking transactions Workers Comp:
- Establish professional and courteous working relationship with IOA WC Producers, their CSR's and WC Carriers
- Configure client workers comp set up in the system including net rate calculation
- Establish PAYGO vendor settings
- Confirm accuracy of WC reports as compared to payroll records
- Process client reporting to the carriers on a monthly or per payroll basis as directed by the carrier
- Prepare monthly JE for accounting for M3 workers comp payments
- Track policy renewal dates and maintain system policy changes
- Work with IOA Producers and their CSR to obtain renewal policies and net rate updates in advance
- Accurately establish net rates in the system at set up and renewal
- Review Final Premium Audit in the event of an AP or AR
- Work closely with Sales and IOA Producers to ensure accurate workers compensation
- Work with clients/producers/sales/payroll team in regards to workers comp issues
- Handle carrier / producer inquiries
- Provide reports to sales/producers as requested
- Work with Software Development and Custom Reporting Specialist to automate workers comp file feeds to carriers 401K:
- Work with implementation to ensure accurate set up of 401K plans/profiles/reports
- Handle 401K reporting to plan administrators on a per payroll basis
- Establish method to ensure off-cycle payrolls are reported
- Work with Software Development and Custom Reporting Specialist to automate 401K file feeds to carriers Garnishments:
- Establish all garnishment and levies in the system
- Release agency and vendor payments in multiple systems
- Work with management to establish a verification method of money in/money out
- Assist clients and payroll team with questions regarding agency transfers
- Resolve garnishment issues Tax Support:
- Provide front end QC for all new client set up including but not limited to:
- Accurate MasterTax start dates
- Proper set up of tax codes including account formatting and payment options
- Review conversion data for accuracy including taxable wages
- Balance conversion data back to source data including tax returns (or back into taxable wages to ensure accuracy)
- Review new client payroll schedule to ensure no conversion is missing
- Work with implementation/clients to collect tax monies due on conversion payrolls
- Bring conversion payrolls into MasterTax ensure deposits do not create, or create as necessary
- Perform periodic audits of taxable wages, fica variances, w2 audit in preparation for quarter end
- Process reconciliation payrolls as required for quarter end reporting
- Bring quarterly RTS files into Master Tax, handle variances/discrepancies accordingly prior to posting
- Assist with quarterly / annual tax W2 preparation as needed General Ledger Set-up:
- Learn basic client GL setup
- Establish client general ledgers and reports
- Maintain client gl updates
- Troubleshoot client GL issues Physical Demands & Environment
- Sitting or remaining sedentary for extended periods of time; reaching; occasional pushing, pulling, or lifting up to 10 pounds; close visual acuity; grasping, fingering, and handling; repetitive motion; hearing; talking; no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Required Competencies, Skills, & Experience
- High School Diploma
- 5 - 10 years of Payroll Service Bureau Experience.
- Knowledge of Tax, Garnishments, ACH, Banking.
- Ability to create and successfully import data into the payroll system.
- Ability to gather and analyze information.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work directly with Sales partners and Clients to gather information needed to support clients and department.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Keywords: South Florida IT Staffing, Bradenton , Tax and Operations Support Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!