Business Banker 3
Company: Hancock and Whitney Bank
Posted on: December 10, 2018
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for proactively growing and deepening relationships with both existing and new small business clients. These clients are typically companies with $1 - $5 million in annual revenues. This position will deepen the client relationship by presenting product and service solutions that meet the client's needs and financial goals, including consumer and small business. These products and services include deposits, treasury and credit solutions, as well as referring related banking products and services. In addition, the position will reach out into the community by visiting businesses, making outbound calls to clients and may conduct educational seminars in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows the sales management process ensuring a regular calling program to clients and prospects is in place in order to generate high quality new deposits and loan business from existing clients and prospects
- Meets with existing clients and prospects through personal calling efforts and other contacts to discuss business needs and recommend ways in which the bank can help provide business solutions to all their financial needs.
- Assists in planning the portfolio growth through the development of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives.
- Coordinates with internal business partners to ensure the client consumer and small business needs and financial goals are met.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitors' products and pricing in the market served.
- Reviews deposit profitability analysis and outlines strategies to bring unprofitable accounts back to profitable status.
- Works with borrowing clients to procure updated financial information on an ongoing basis.
- Communications lending decisions to clients.
- Follows up on loan exception to ensure timely clearing, while controlling the volume of exceptions.
- Serves as a representative in various civic and community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree for a four-year college or university or equivalent years of experience
- 4-6 years of experience as a Business Banker
- 3 years of experience in negotiating and structuring commercial loans
- Proven ability to meet sales goals, including credit products and internal business partner referrals
- Skilled in proactively sourcing, acquiring, building and maintaining relationships with clients and co-workers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Significant experience in a role as a business advocate
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of retail and/or small business products and strategies
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of banking products and services
- Significant experience sourcing small business clientele
- Demonstrated understanding of complex financial accounting and analysis
- Significant experience leading or participating in events and activities for local networks or professional organizations, such as the chamber of commerce, professional business groups, or chapter of national organizations such as the United Way.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS:
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to provide exceptional customer satisfaction to retain and grow client banking relationships
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hancock and Whitney Bank, Bradenton , Business Banker 3, Accounting, Auditing , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!