Diesel Mechanic Tampa
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Averitt mechanics are some of the most skilled associates in the whole company and are the force that keeps our tractors and trailers operating at the highest level while using the latest diagnostic tools and software.
Attention Diesel Techs! We're offering a $2,500 BONUS for qualified mechanics! ($1,250 at 90 days and $1,250 at 180 days!)
You'll be paid per how long you're on the clock, not just how many hours you spend fixing an issue. Like every position we offer, you'll be able to learn and grow as much as you want - from company reimbursed ASE testing (upon passing) to advancement into other Averitt positions. Turn to Averitt Express for a promising and rewarding career, that will make you a part of something bigger- 250 technicians in 34 shop locations.
- * Great opportunity for recent Diesel Tech graduates! -- No experience needed, we will train you with the most up to date technology! **
Hours for this position are Monday to Friday 3:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M.
Hours, Shifts & Salary Details:
- 4 day work week available (select locations)
- Raises are based on experience level, evaluated every 90 days
- Paid clock hours, not book hours
Diesel Mechanic Functions & Duties:
- Clean, safe shop facilities
- 11 uniform sets provided & laundered
- Working on modern, low mileage, private fleet equipment
- Volvos and/or Freightliners
- Cummins, Volvo, and Detroit engines
- Volvo I-Shift and Detroit DT12 automated transmissions
- Bumper to bumper preventive maintenance service and/or repair to tractor, trailer, and Toyota forklifts
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting on computers
- Diesel engine repair
- Preventive maintenance inspection
- Major and minor trailer repairs
- Electrical trouble shooting
- Minor transmission repair
- Brake system repair
- Tire maintenance
- Air conditioning system repair
- Tire & Wheel, Heavy Duty Brake System and A/C Certifications a plus
- ASE Certifications a plus
- Training and Certification requirements
- Preventive maintenance inspection - Requires bending & stooping
- Lubrication - Requires bending & stooping
- Oil change - Requires bending & stooping
- Brake system repair - lift requirement: 105 lbs
- Driveline component repair - lift requirement: 95 lbs
- Trailer body repair -lift requirement: 100 lbs
- Tire maintenance - lift requirement: 95 lbs
- Diesel engine repair - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Regular predictable attendance
- Heavy duty truck mechanical aptitude
- Air conditioning certification
- Heavy duty brake certification
- Remove and replace vehicle components
Diesel Mechanic Benefits:
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverage
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Experienced based pay
- Profit sharing and 401 (k) plans
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness programs available
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid time off
- Career advancement opportunities - we promote from within!
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Have questions? Give us a call at 888-Employer (283-7488)
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: AVERITT, Bradenton , Diesel Mechanic Tampa, Engineering , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!