Director of Nursing
Company: Westminster Bradenton Towers
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Location: Westminster Point Pleasant Bradenton NOW OFFERING
$3000 SIGN-ON BONUS Work With Excellence, Serve With Heart! Join
the team at Westminster Point Pleasant, a beautiful waterfront
continuing care retirement community located near downtown
Bradenton. Currently seeking experienced, knowledgeable,
empathetic, employee oriented and team focused individual for our
full time Director of Nursing position. EOE, DFWP "We honor those
who served". Why work for us? - Competitive Hourly Wage -
Comprehensive Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and
403b - Generous Paid Time Off Plan - Work Alongside Industry
Experts That Take Pride in Their Work - Supportive Management Team
That Put Employees First - Warm and Friendly Work Environment -
Beautiful, Well-Maintained Facility Conveniently Located Near
Downtown Bradenton - Flexible Schedule - Plenty of Career Growth
and Advancement Opportunities JOB SUMMARY: Plans, organizes,
develops and directs the overall operation of the nursing services
department in accordance with current federal, state, local and
standards, guidelines and regulations. Ensures the highest degree
of quality care is maintained at all times. ESSENTIAL JOB
FUNCTIONS: Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards
and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and
- Supervise the staff which involves direct and indirect
responsibilities for interviewing, selecting, training, motivating,
wage and salary administration, performance appraisal, and managing
policies and procedures to ensure achievement of the departments
- Assist in preparing and administering the budget for the
nursing department within the fiscal guidelines.
- Develop and maintain nursing care objectives and standards of
nursing care practices in cooperation with the Assistant Director
- Plan, organize, and direct, in cooperation with the Assistant
Director, effective administration of the nursing units and patient
care based on the established goals, objectives, standards,
policies, and procedures.
- Regularly inspect the health center and monitor nursing
practices for compliance with federal, state, and local standards
- Assure residents of a comfortable, clean, orderly and safe
environment. Ensure adequate State and Federal coverage is provided
for each shift (census requirements).
- Lead the medical staff in taking positive action to continually
upgrade the quality of physical, social, emotional, and spiritual
- Ensure proper handling and emergency care of residents,
personnel, and visitors while on the job or in the building.
- Assist in the development of Resident Care Plans for individual
residents including rehabilitative and restorative activities.
- Maintain required records. Review, update, and revise policies
including OSHA, HIPAA, and QA procedures to meet current objectives
and State and Federal Standards.
- Attend department head meetings and coordinate activities of
the Health Center with other departments of the community.
- Review infection control reports, medication incident reports,
and incident reports for corrective action. Responsible for the
successful implementation of the corrective action plans.
- Develop and maintain nursing service objectives, standards of
nursing practice, nursing policy and procedure manuals, scheduling
of rounds to see all residents and methods for coordination of
nursing services with other resident services.
- Organize, develop, and direct the administration and resident
care of the Health Center.
- Have the administrative authority, responsibility, and
accountability for all functions, activities, and training in the
- Assume administrative responsibility for the Health Center in
the absence of the Health Services Administrator.
- Comply with, support and enforce all company policies involving
safety and infection control procedures including the proper use of
mechanical lifts, gait belts, and personal protective wear.
- Understand, comply with, and promote all rules and regulations
regarding residents rights.
- Promote positive relationships with residents, visitors, and
regulators, including maintaining professional appearance.
- Ensure medication administered as ordered in accordance with
nursing standards, company policies, and medical orders.
- Monitor staff relations practices to ensure that employees
maintain high morale and staff retention through effective
communication, prompt problem resolution, positive supervisory
practices, and a positive work environment.
- Plan and implement nursing orientation, job skills training,
and in-service education programs in accordance with company
policies and regulations. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Must
be a Registered Nurse in good standing and currently licensed by
the State of Florida.BSN (4 year degree) from an accredited
university or college preferred. Must be CPR Certified Experience:
Must have a minimum of 5 years long-term care experience as a staff
nurse in a supervisory position and a background in gerontology as
well as strong leadership and management skills. Must be able to
relate positive to residents, families, and government regulators,
and to work cooperatively with Experience Required
- 5 year(s): Years experience working in long term care Preferred
- Gerontology background
- Supervisory experience Education Required
- Bachelor's Degree or better in Nursing RN Licenses &
- CPR Certified
- RN BSN Preferred
- AE Defibrillator Behaviors Preferred
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well Motivations Preferred
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to
take on more responsibility
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
Keywords: Westminster Bradenton Towers, Bradenton , Director of Nursing, Executive , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!