Distribution Center Operations Manager - Hybrid wo
Company: Berlin Packaging LLC
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier
supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6
billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record
growth.Don't know what makes the rigid packaging industry special?
Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging
every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box
store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass,
plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches
virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care,
industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and
beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too. Next, combine that
with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are
high-performing - and importantly, collaborative - entrepreneurs
who blow through obstacles and embody an "Anything is Possible!"
mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national
average. And every single employee shares in Berlin's profitable
growth.Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company
has grown 10x faster than our industry!And we're not done yet.In
order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU
to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If
so, we are seeking a Distribution Center Operations Manager who
will be responsible for all operational aspects of the branch's
Distribution Center including customer service, warehousing, and
inventory management. Responsible for building, developing, and
motivating a team of account coordinators and warehouse personnel
to deliver world class customer thrill and maximize profitability.
Matrixed accountability to the overall financial success of the
branch requires tight partnership with the branch's sales and
supply chain leadership.Key Accountabilities:
- Manage a team of account coordinators who support outside sales
activities through customer service, order management, item
availability, and related operations.
- Oversee all warehouse operations including safety, quality,
inventory management, light assembly, inbound and outbound
transportation, and on-time performance.
- Partner with sales and supply chain to establish and maintain
effective supplier relationships.
- P&L performance through management of fixed assets (e.g.
leases, equipment), operating costs (e.g. labor, working capital),
and support of sales activities.
- Margin enhancement and cost reductions achieved in conjunction
with sales and supply chain groups.
- Partner with branch leadership to develop, present, and achieve
the annual strategy and budget.
- Achieve operating metrics around safety, inventory turns, DSO,
on-time, quality, and others as necessary.
- Manage, approve, and enforce Inventory Contracts.
- Ensure teams' compliance to proper utilization of order
management, vendor management, transportation management, and
customer relationship management systems.
- Facility management and maintenance.
- Model the Berlin Values and serve as a champion for The Berlin
Culture as defined in the employer and employee portions of the
T-Chart.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related discipline or
- P&L management experience required.
- Demonstrated success managing customer service, warehousing,
purchasing, order fulfillment, and/or operations.
- Strong business and financial acumen; demonstrates subject
matter expertise of Berlin Packaging's business, products,
customers, and suppliers.
- Knowledge and ability to resolve customer account and
- Results oriented; has passion for building winning teams,
developing talent, and contributing to a positive, high-performance
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and conflict management
skills; can influence without authority and partner across
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, and analytical
- Is flexible; seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement
and new ways of working.
- Operates with a high sense of urgency; demonstrates strong time
management skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow
- Self-motivated; demonstrates a strong work ethic; consistently
strives to attain goals and seeks self-improvement.
- Technologically savvy.Working Environment:Work is performed in
both office and warehouse environments.Berlin offers an outstanding
compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k)
with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and
telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term
disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529
college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation
program, pet insurance, employee discounts, employee referral bonus
program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for
transportation, medical, and dependent care.Berlin Packaging
provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex
or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including
transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military
service and veteran status, physical or mental disability,
protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local
law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.*This
position is not eligible for sponsorship.*Berlin Packaging
maintains a smoke-free workplace.
Keywords: Berlin Packaging LLC, Bradenton , Distribution Center Operations Manager - Hybrid wo, Executive , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!