Non Judicial Case Manager
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children
are safe, families are strong and communities are vibrant .
LSF is looking for a talented Non Judicial Case Manager who wants
to make an impact in the lives of others.
We're offering SIGN-ON BONUSES!
* New case managers - general sign-on bonus of $1,500
* Provisionally Certified Case Managers (no need for pre-service
training - able to take cases immediately and work toward full
certification) - $2,000.00
* Fully Certified Case Managers (can assume full caseload - no need
for training) - $3,000.00
* Paid in 2 increments at 3 months and 6 months of employment.
Purpose & Impact
The CWCM must successfully complete the Child Protection
Professional training and examination, all field-based requirements
for certification, and achieve certification within 1 year of hire
date or 1 year from completion of Pre-Service Exam.
During the time that the CWCM is attending pre-service training and
working to achieve certification as a Child Protection
Professional, the CWCM is expected to become proficient in
identifying and assessing client and family needs of minors placed
in care by DCF due to abuse or neglect by caretakers, with the
ultimate goal of permanency. Under the supervision of the CWCM
Supervisor, the CWCM evaluates, coordinates and ensures necessary
services and/or treatment are provided; completes required
assessments; assists individuals and families by using such
activities as delineating alternatives, helping to articulate goals
and providing needed information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Attend formal instruction (Phase I Child Protection Certification
* Conduct child safety
* Assess client needs and develop Safety Plans, case plans, and
* Coordinate the delivery of services, plan referrals and linkages
to clients and
* Monitor case plan task compliance and progress and evaluating
reports from multiple service providers.
* Develop and maintain case and program documentation according to
contract and agency standards (safety assessments, progress notes,
court paperwork, ).
* Prepare case/status reports
* Coordinate services with other professionals and
* Conduct community outreach, as
* Provide support to children, caregivers and family members to
assure stable placement and timely achievement of permanency.
* Assist family/caregivers in accessing subsidy, medical coverage
and other needed services for children.
* Coordinate cases with supervisor, team members, providers, and
other various agency
* Facilitate placement and independent
* Assist in removing and placing children.
* Arrange or provide transportation of clients when
* Arrange for drug/alcohol screens, as
* Provide on call support as required or
* Participate in the Quality Improvement
* Participate in on call
* Appear in
This list of responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive.
Lutheran Family Services reserves the right to revise this position
description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Education and Experience : Bachelor's Degree in human services or a
related field from an accredited college or university with two (2)
years of related experience OR an advanced degree in social work or
a comparable human service field.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations : This position requires
the following credentials.
* Valid driver's license and insurance in good standing.
Language Skills : Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
regulatory documents, contracts, policies and case records. Ability
to respond to common inquiries or complaints from management,
staff, clients, and outside agencies. Ability to effectively
present information to children and families, management,
employees, and outside agencies.
Reasoning Ability : Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with
several abstract and concrete variables. Able to anticipate needs
and/or problems based on current events and/or situations and to
Education and Training Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in a human services field from an accredited
university or college and one year related post bachelor degree
experience or a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in
human services and two years post bachelor's degree
* Must obtain Florida Child Welfare Certification within 12 months
from date of successful completion of Pre-Service Post Test.
Candidates must successfully complete the State Certified training
and exam; a structured period of observation in and out of the
office, including home and field
* Complete a minimum of 40 hours of in-service training each full
year of employment. The in- service training must include but not
be limited to, indicators of child abuse, neglect and abandonment;
substance abuse; community resources; independent living, and other
related topics to child welfare.
* Complete agency based courses as part of agency
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires the following
* Willingness to carry out the mission of Lutheran Services Florida
and its programs;
* Ability to work as a team member and leader;
* Possesses a conviction about the capacity of people to grow and
* Ability to forge mutually respectful partnerships with the
individuals served, other staff members, representatives of other
agencies and organizations, and others with whom he or she comes
* Possesses qualities which enable him or her to work well with
others such as sensitivity, flexibility, emotional maturity,
ability to work with frustration and conflict, a sense of humor,
and the capacity to respect persons with differing lifestyles and
* Understanding of the role cultural identity plays in motivating
* Ability to work in a culturally competent manner with individuals
from a variety of ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic
* Professional appearance and behavior including, but not limited
to, reporting to work at the scheduled time, working as scheduled,
and seldom being absent from
* Exercises effective problem solving techniques, tackles issues
directly, and makes timely decisions based on factual
* Ability to attend to details;
* Organizational abilities, including ability to prioritize and
* Ability to research and analyze;
* Written and oral communication skills;
* Computer skills;
* Ability to maintain confidentiality;
* Positive attitude;
* Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and some
* Self-starter with high energy and a positive attitude;
* Adherence to all agency policies, including but not limited to
those related to a drug/alcohol/smoke free
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
* Sit: Remain in the seated position
* Talk: Express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to
impart oral information to clients or to the public and to covey
detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly,
* Hear: Perceive the nature of sounds by ear
* Read: Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less
The employee is occasionally required to:
* Stand: Remain on one's feet in an upright position without moving
* Walk: Move about on foot
* Handle: Seize, hold, grasp, turn or otherwise work with hand or
hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an
extension of the hand, such as to turn a switch or shift
* Finger: Picking, pinching or otherwise working primarily with
fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling
* Feel: Perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape,
temperature, or texture, by touching with skin, particularly that
* Reach: Extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
* Stoop: Bend body downward and forward by bending spine at the
waist, requiring full use of the lower extremities and back
* Kneel: Bend legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees
* Crouch: Bend body downward and forward by bending legs and
* Crawl: Move about on hands and knees or hands and feet
* Lift: Raise or lowering an object weighing up to 10 pounds from
one level to another (includes upward pulling)
* Carry: Transport an object, usually holding it in the hands or
arms, or on the shoulder
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Why work for LSF?
LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a wide
range of populations in need. Mission Driven staff members become
part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of those in
need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as they
explore areas of interest within the organization.
Amazing benefits package including :
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
* 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
* Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
* 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR 3%
student loan repayment reimbursement
* Tuition reimbursement
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity and inclusion
in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal opportunity
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Bradenton , Non Judicial Case Manager, Executive , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!