Unit Manager (RN)
Company: Independence Living Centers
Posted on: September 14, 2022
**Position Location : Location** _US-FL-Bradenton_
**Care Center** _Bradenton Health Care_
**Position Location : Street** _6305 Cortez Road, West_
**Position Location : Zip** _34210-2604_
**Position Status** _FT is 35+ HOURS WK_**Job Overview**
RN Registered Nurse
**Purpose of Your Job Position**
The primary purpose of your position is for managing the staffing
needs and providing supervision for nursing staff providing direct
resident care to ensure quality resident care on the assigned unit.
This position assists in staff development. Such supervision is in
accordance with current federal, state, and local standards,
guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be
required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest
degree of quality care is maintained at all times. You are
entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the
creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that
continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior
As Unit Manager, you are delegated the administrative authority,
responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your
assigned duties. Responsible for providing direct resident care in
accordance with established plans. Supervises Clinical Nurses and
Nurse Techs. This job description does not list all the duties of
the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform
other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your
performance of the tasks listed in his job description. The
employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job description is not a contract for employment, and either
you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any
**Duties and Responsibilities**
1. Act in the capacity as a Team Leader in a modified primary care
2. Provide regular resident status updates to appropriate
3. Supervises Nurse Techs/Clinical Nurse I & II (LPN), and
participate in their evaluations.
4. Conduct and document a complete data collection of each
resident's medical status upon admission and throughout the
resident's course of treatment.
5. Assist in the development and implementation of an
individualized treatment plan for each assigned resident.
6. Comply with evaluation, treatment, and documentation of Company
7. Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning
8. Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely
9. Assist in recruiting and hiring nursing staff.
10. Provide supervision/counseling as needed to unit nursing
11. Assist with completion of annual performance appraisals for all
unit nursing personnel, including competency checklists.
12. Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate
policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
13. Monitor compliance with resident record documentation
requirements, as directed.
14. Coordinate staffing schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
15. Ensure compliance with resident rights policies and work with
families and other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
16. Must complete Preceptor Training.
17. Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in
facility quality improvement and safety programs.
Graduate/Completion of approved/accredited school of nursing. Valid
license as a Registered Nurse **i** n the state of practice.
Must have a minimum (3) years nursing experience preferred in a
setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by
this facility. Minimum one (1) year experience in nursing
Keywords: Independence Living Centers, Bradenton , Unit Manager (RN), Executive , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!