Company: Bob Evans
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Bob Evans... Where Good Grows!
- Do you like recognition for a job well done? Do you want to be
given that chance for a promotion?
- How does working in an environment where strangers are treated
like friends and friends are treated like family sound to you?
- Does the thought of no late nights at work sound appealing to
- If any of these questions resonate with you, then we encourage
you to apply.
At Bob Evans, you are in the driver's seat of your career. As Bob
Evans himself liked to say, "You can't look at your future in your
rearview mirror." Put that turn signal on, change directions, and
head straight to Bob Evans, where good grows.
Not sure yet? Then please take a few minutes to check out some of
our employee stories at careers.bobevans.com.
We continue to update our safety and sanitation procedures to
follow the current CDC, local, and state guidelines. Our goal is to
provide a safe environment for both our employees and guests.
Bob Evans Restaurants, LLC is EEO compliant and participates in E
Statement of Purpose:
The position of Assistant Manager is a fast paced role that assists
with managing the daily operations and staff of the restaurant,
including the execution of all company policies, procedures,
programs, and systems. The Assistant Manager provides leadership,
direction, training, and development to subordinate staff. The
Assistant Manager also contributes to the success of the restaurant
by building sales, working towards company goals, as well as
driving restaurant profitability. Decisions are guided by
established policies and procedures as well as the General Manager
of the restaurant. Receives guidance and oversight from the
restaurant General Manager on a regular basis.
- Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include recruiting, interviewing, and training employees;
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure employee's success on
the job and guest satisfaction.
- Model professional behavior while creating a warm, fun,
friendly, and hospitable atmosphere that encourages people to do
- Occasionally assist with category job duties (bussing, serving,
host, grill line, etc), as needed. (All state and federal labor
- Assist with building store sales, by ensuring complete and
timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs.
- Promote and follow suggestive selling techniques.
- Maximize table turnover, sales per guest, and sales per
- Meet and greet guests; investigating and resolving food
- Effectively manage the restaurant within the policies and
company guidelines while ensuring 100% guest satisfaction at all
- Assist in maintaining efficient operations, appropriate cost
controls, and profit management.
- Ensure OSHA, local health and safety codes, and company safety
and security policy are met.
- Enforce safe work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for
both guests and crew members.
- Monitor daily activities to ensure quality food and cleanliness
- Control day-to-day operations and profit & loss, by following
cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing
food and labor, reviewing financial reports and schedules, and
taking appropriate actions.
- Control food costs by following recipes and portion
- Control costs by monitoring daily schedules and sales
performance through effective use of the company's labor scheduling
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Dedication to providing exceptional guest service
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Exceptional team building capability
- Basic business math and accounting skills
- Basic personal computer literacy
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to be a role model in employee appearance and
- Available to work a variety of shifts and weekends
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior leadership experience preferred, but not required
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience in a family, fast-food,
or casual dining restaurant is preferred
- College and/or culinary schooling preferred
- A minimum age of 19 years
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must have a vehicle to take cash deposits to the designated
- Must be able to travel to business meetings and other locations
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. This list is not designed to
contain a comprehensive listing of activities and the employer
reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this
position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly
be required to:
- Stand for entire shift and walk for long periods of time
without rest or sitting down.
- Push, lift, carry and transfer up to 50 pounds.
- Reach with hands.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
- Bend and stoop.
- Have the ability to taste and smell.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Have the ability to read and write clearly.
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Have ability to freely access all areas of restaurant including
selling floor(s), stock area, and register area.
Keywords: Bob Evans, Bradenton , Assistant Manager, Executive , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!