Senior Firmware Manager
Posted on: November 21, 2022
United States of America
CABRA: Bradenton Florida 8985 Town Center Parkway, Bradenton, FL,
Carrier is looking for a Senior Firmware Manager, to lead a team of
embedded firmware engineers who design, develop and test embedded
firmware for life safety systems. Join a team that saves lives
around the world every day. Kidde Detectors and Alarms engineering
designs residential smoke, CO, and explosive gas sensors that
protect families around the world.
This position can be located in either Bradenton, FL, or Colorado
As a Firmware Manager, you will be responsible to lead the firmware
team to ensure the successful delivery of new products and ensure
timely support of firmware needs on legacy products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the leading team
- Define firmware design requirements and specifications to meet
product and customer needs
- Develop and analyze design concepts
- Develop overall firmware system architectures along with those
of firmware subsystems and modules.
- Lead integration of firmware subsystems to meet product design
- Ensure designs meet product requirements (functional, cost,
quality, safety, and reliability)
- Provide clear communications to team members and to the
- Mentor team members, ensure talent development, and key process
definition and improvement.
Experience & Qualifications
- 10+ years experience in Embedded Systems in both Hardware and
- Demonstrated experience with firmware architecture design and
- Demonstrated experience with Bare Metal and RTOS
- HAL and Driver design
- Application design for ARM (ex. Cortex) and 8 bit
- Demonstrated experience in the major peripherals
- Interrupts (NVIC on Cortex)
- ADC/DAC (i.e. sensor interface)
- Demonstrated experience with typical lab equipment such as
O-Scopes, logic analyzers, DMM's, Frequency generators, and
- Working knowledge of Git
- Working knowledge of Jira or similar tools.
- Demonstrated experience in wireless connectivity (WiFi, BLE,
Zigbee, etc.), including architectural design and robust
- Demonstrated experience in working with global design
- Experience working with regulatory compliance is a plus
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier
U.S. Salaried employees
- Flexibility to travel is a plus. Travel could be up to 50
percent if located in Bradenton, FL and could include domestic and
global travel. Travel amounts will be less if located in Colorado
Education & Certification
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in engineering, digital, or
STEM-related field required.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S.
Keywords: Carrier, Bradenton , Senior Firmware Manager, Executive , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!