Company: CITY OF BRADENTON
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Department/Location: Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA)
Bargaining Unit: None
Classification: Essential: This position is an Essential
classification and will require employee to report to duty after a
hurricane or emergency.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervision Exercised: Supervision may be exercised overCRA
Supervision Received: CRA Executive Director
General Purpose of the Position: Under general direction, the CRA
Manager develops, administers, and implements CRA programs,
projects and activities. Assists to varying degrees in policy
making, project management, budgeting, planning, and public
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinates implementation of redevelopment projects and
activities with City staff, other government agencies and the
* Represents the City's CRA at various meetings and functions and
* Serves as staff liaison with CRA Advisory Boards, coordinates
their meetings and keeps accurate and timely records (minutes,
* Markets the CRA's programs to businesses, community partners, and
other potential stakeholders.
* Creates and maintains effective working relationships with the
business community, developers, property owners, realtors, advisory
boards, community organizations, and citizens.
* Presents data, trends, research, and analysis in a variety of
formats, including reports, maps, charts, graphics, dashboards, and
* Researches and applies for grants and awards.
* Assists new, expanding, and current businesses.
* Represents the CRA in the City's Development Review
* Identifies infrastructure and capital planning needs and manages
* Administers contracts and other agreements.
* Assists in the preparation of agenda items.
* Assists in the preparation, coordination, and evaluation of
requests for proposals (RFPs) for projects.
* Assists in the preparation of the CRA Annual Report, and other
reports as required.
* Prepares written materials such as press releases, speaking
points, contracts, and brochures on an as-needed basis.
* Ensures that plans are carried out in accordance with City
ordinances, applicable federal, county and state laws, and approved
* Assists in capital project planning and the preparation of the
annual budget and evaluates funding requests by other agencies or
* May supervise assigned staff, handle employees' concerns and
problems; direct work; counsel and discipline staff; complete
employee performance appraisals
* Coordinates special events.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Physical Abilities Required:
* Thorough knowledge of principles, practices, methods and theories
of economic development, urban redevelopment, and community
* Ability to work under pressure of deadlines with minimal
* Ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with
a variety of people, including the elected officials, department
heads, advisory boards, local member organizations and the
* Ability to foster creativity and problem-solving, and remain
flexible in a rapidly changing environment.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of effective project
administration and staff supervision.
* Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Knowledge of state and federal programs.
* Knowledge of personnel management policies and practices.
* Knowledge of government budget procedures.
* Skilled in time and task management.
* Sitting, some standing, bending, reaching.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements: Must be proficient in
computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Power Point, as well as knowledge of office practices,
equipment, and operation methods.
Education and Experience Required: Bachelor's degree from a
four-year college or university in Business Administration, Public
Administration, Urban Planning, or a directly related field, plus 3
years of professional experience; OR and equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience. Possession of and ability to
maintain a valid Florida driver's license as travel between city
facilities and events may be required.
Environmental Conditions: Indoors in an office environment, however
may be standing or walking for long periods during special
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $68,078.00 - $102,118.00 per year
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: CITY OF BRADENTON, Bradenton , CRA Manager, Executive , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!