Project Manager - Property Acquisition
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Project Manager - Property Acquisition - Bradenton, FLFull-time
Kelly Engineering is seeking a Project Manager to provide direct
professional services for and provides leadership to a team of
professional staff in delivering services related to Eminent Domain
property acquisitions in support of capital projects, and in the
sale of surplus County properties for our client.
Experience in managing and coordinating complex real estate
transactions is necessary for this role.
This position also manages projects and assigned staff of varying
size, scope, and impact for projects with high value and
organizational visibility within divisions and departments. The
incumbent will work directly with internal and external
stakeholders, provide technical review of and/or prepare complex
legal and other documents related to real property transactions in
accordance with established SOPs. They are accountable for
reporting on and facilitating project progress. Work assignments
are performed independently but are frequently conducted in
conjunction with the efforts of the Property Acquisition Division
Manager, the County Attorney's Office, and project managers from
the Capital Improvement teams in Public Works. The position's work
is reviewed by the Property Acquisition Division Manager.
Compensation package: Salary (Depending on qualifications and years
of experience) + relocation expenses + robust benefits package (see
Client is open to covering relocation expenses.
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, or
- Minimum of three years managing and coordinating complex real
estate transactions including two years in a public sector/eminent
domain capacity, and two years of supervisory experience.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Professional real estate certifications including, but not
limited to: SR/WA, or related certifications are preferred but not
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and
experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the
job-specific competencies noted below.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The
omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical
assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of
responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more
of the activities described below.
- Schedule, assign and review subordinate work. Manage project
timelines and deliverables in support of County's Capital
Improvement and Non-Capital Improvement projects and
- Provide subordinate training and counseling; evaluate
performance and initiate corrective/disciplinary action as
- Provide regular communication to management and support staff
regarding the status of assigned projects.
- Ensure all acquisitions by subordinate staff are conducted in
conformance with established standards.
- Provide material and logistical support to the County
Attorney's Office as needed.
- Assist management with complex real estate transactions,
research, and preparation of required reports for special
- Conduct negotiations for voluntary and involuntary real
property acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assists with surplus property dispositions, eminent domain
proceedings, project plans review and project acquisition cost
- Coordinates transactions and related matters with developers,
attorneys, title companies, and other governmental agencies.
- Oversees and manages professional and technical staff engaged
in activities supporting the acquisition and disposition of real
- Oversees closings for real property.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate transactions, legal
instruments, legal descriptions, surveys, eminent domain
acquisition and surplus process in accordance with Florida
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and procedures governing the
conveyance of and disposition of real property.
- Knowledge of the most effective and efficient processes to
successfully complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, with a
focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to compose Board of County Commissioner agenda
- Ability to use initiative, exercise sound judgment and think
independently. Ability to collect, organize and analyze data and
develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to provide leadership direction. Effectively uses
acceptable principles and practices of performance management and
motivation for direct reports at the professional staff level.
- Skill in managing complex government real estate negotiations
and transactions; the ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Ability to work with others within and external to own
- Ability to use a computer and job-related software.
- PTO: 15+ days
- Paid holidays: 11 holidays
- Sick leave: 10 days
- Suggestion awards program
- Retirement contribution 10%: Pension plan or investment plan
- Health insurance: Employer pays 88% of employee premiums and
80% of family coverage
- Dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement: Employer pays 80% of University of South
Florida prevailing rates towards a degree course related to
Employee's current position
- Student Loan Forgiveness: You may be able to receive loan
forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program with
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Sponsorship is not available for this opportunity. OPT or H1B Visa
is not being accepted at this time.
About the clientThe client's mission is to provide efficient,
effective, responsive government that is always mindful of our
sensitive natural environment while achieving the Commission's
vision for the County: a premier place in which to live and work
Keywords: Kelly Services, Bradenton , Project Manager - Property Acquisition, Executive , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!