Director of Guardian Angels of SW Florida
Company: One More Child
Posted on: March 19, 2023
AVAILABLE POSITIONS Thank you for your interest in starting a
career with Florida Baptist Children's Homes and One More Child!
The Director of Guardian Angels of SW Florida is responsible for
the strategic direction and management of Guardian Angels of SW
Florida (GASWFL), including external partner and donor
relationships and fundraising initiatives essential to developing,
expanding, and stewarding philanthropic and community support for
GASWFL, in support of local One More Child programs. The director
is also responsible for the communications plan for GASWFL. The
director works closely with leadership of One More Child, the Board
of GASWFL, and has frequent contact with partners, volunteers,
donors, and prospects. Essential Duties & Functions
- Responsible for working with the Board of GASWFL and leadership
of One More Child to develop the strategic direction of GASWFL and
fulfill the organizational mission.
- Acts as a liaison between One More Child and GASWFL, working
directly with the Board of GASWFL and staff of One More Child on
fundraising programs, GASWFL volunteer coordination, program
supporting activities, and regional church engagement, including
any coordination needed between internal One More Child
- Responsible for planning and implementation of development and
engagement programs and strategies to ensure fulfillment of funding
goals for GASWFL and One More Child.
- Responsible for designing and implementing methodologies to
identify, qualify, solicit, and steward donor relationships at all
giving levels, as well as building and maintaining a donor
portfolio, and cultivating all gifts from churches, individuals,
businesses and foundations.
- Responsible for the strategic planning and management of the
communications plan for GASWFL, including social media, website,
print and digital communications platforms, and responding to all
potential donor inquiries.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with executive and
regional leadership to maximize fundraising effectiveness,
including coordinating fundraising, volunteer, partnership, and
church engagement activities in support of the GASWFL campus(es)
with campus leadership.
- Attends GASWFL Board Meetings and ensures the Board is
regularly updated on activities for the fulfillment of GASWFL and
One More Child goals.
- Coordinates major gift prospect and foundation proposal
assignment/clearance through moves management meetings.
- Responsible for GASWFL grant work, including coordinating with
the One More Child Director of Foundations to research, solicit,
and steward grant proposals through foundations and community
organizations, as well as ensure that grant requirements are being
met in a timely manner.
- Builds philanthropic and community support for GASWFL and One
More Child programs, through speaking engagements, community
visibility, strategic partnerships, and individual
- Works closely with the One More Child Regional Director of
Partnerships to coordinate external engagement and church
- Develops tools for donor and partner communication.
- Stays current with legal issues and the latest trends in the
field of fundraising and ensures compliance in areas of
- Performs other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant professional
experience required, Master's degree preferred
- Successful fundraising track record or willingness to complete
training in the field of fundraising
- Desire to do additional systematic self-study to upgrade
knowledge and skills in development field
- Experience in public speaking and program presentations
- Demonstration of effective digital communication, writing and
graphic design skills
- Good working experience in relation to individuals, church
groups and staff
- Demonstration of leadership skillsEmployee Benefits: -
- $1000 sign-on bonus ($250 upon completion of new hire Relias
Trainings, $250 upon successful completion of probation period,
$500 at 1 year anniversary)
Keywords: One More Child, Bradenton , Director of Guardian Angels of SW Florida, Executive , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...