Dining Room Manager
Company: Discovery Village at Sarasota Bay - AL
Posted on: May 23, 2023
About Discovery Senior LivingDiscovery Senior Living ranks
prominently among the 8 largest senior housing providers in the US,
and is nationally renowned for designing, developing, marketing,
and operating a multi-brand portfolio of upscale, luxury
senior-living communities.With a 30-year reputation and almost
14,000 existing homes or homes under development, our company is a
recognized industry leader with a penchant for excellence and
innovation.Discovery Senior Living is looking for a Dining Room
Manager to join our community Discovery Village at Sarasota Bay _,
- Assist the Director of Culinary Services by overseeing the
operations of the dining room, including the supervision and
assistance of dining services' Team Members.
- Maintain a customer focused attitude at all times, while
managing traffic flow and balancing the serving responsibilities
among the food servers.
- Ensure visibility during meal times by seating and greeting
residents, addressing any concerns, and ensuring that their needs
have been met. - -
- Prepare schedules and assigning tasks to wait staff, including
assigning of tables and closing duties;
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances meets standards,
customer service, and proper food handling techniques;
- Trains wait staff on all operating procedures and menu
- Ensures efficient operating within budgeted guidelines.
- Promotes customer engagement activities and interacts with
residents during meal times to monitor resident satisfaction or
concerns about food service and develops plans to address as
- Facilitate highest quality and safety practices in all Food &
Beverage sanitation standards and service to the residents in the
- Maintains sanitation and control standards in the dining room
and wait stations.
- Ensures standards of cleanliness, hygiene, proper attire and
health standards are maintained at all times by food service dining
- Operates in compliance with State and federal government
- Monitors and evaluates food quality for presentation,
temperature and serving portion size. Provides leadership and
communicates with food kitchen personnel for adjustments and shares
- Monitors and evaluates table service adequacy for timing,
etiquette and thoroughness; provides service hospitality training
and adjustments as appropriate.
- Monitors and adjusts resident's accounts for meal and charge
- Ensures floor charts and tables are set up correctly.
- Assists servers as needed with table service.
- Records and tracks daily sales transactions.
- Assists with ordering in specific assigned areas (i.e. liquor)
and maintaining budgetary compliance.
- Maintains POS system through communication with IT
- Assists Director with timekeeping procedures and practices, and
payroll entries, as needed.Qualifications: -
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years' experience in fine dining.
- Dining Room Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and
- Excellent communication, organization and customer service
skills.Benefits:In addition to a rewarding career and competitive
salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package. -
-Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package
including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances,
paid time off and paid holidays. - -Team members are eligible to
participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our
Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.Thank
you for your interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. - If you
have any questions about the position you are applying for, please
contact the community directly. -EOE D/V
Keywords: Discovery Village at Sarasota Bay - AL, Bradenton , Dining Room Manager, Executive , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...