Posted on: April 8, 2021
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big
answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a
full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy,
unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology.
These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and
coordinated care to the most vulnerable population moderate- to
low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and
empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost
outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall
health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it
should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing
their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients face time
during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger
doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances
compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital
admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is
reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores
in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read
more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors
and the health care system overall. ESSENTIAL JOB
- Measures and records vital signs; records patient interview,
history, and chief complaint.
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine
screening tests; assists physician with exams; explain treatment
procedures and physicians' instructions to patient.
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens; performs
basic waived lab tests.
- Prepares and administers medications under physician
supervision; changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures
and other first aid procedures; uses CPR skills when
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks and sterilizes
instruments; practices OSHA safety standards; performs accurate,
legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Processes patient phone messages, returning calls and routing
them to other team members as appropriate; calls patients to obtain
and relay pertinent information for the physician.
- Upon physician approval and authorization, calls in
prescriptions to the pharmacy. Uses communication skills with
appropriate medical terminology; and follows appropriate legal and
ethical professional conduct; authorized individuals will use the
ChenMed Rx system to support physician medication dispensing.
- This position requires 5-10% travel time.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and
empathy towards our patients at all times.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including
doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers, and market
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving
team goals. Knowledge of medical products, services, standards,
policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and
other IT systems. Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of
reports and data.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure
timely patient flow. Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful
- This position may require some local travel to assist in
covering other centers. At ChenMed, If you are an innovative,
entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate
in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that
dynamic and exciting company you are looking for! After applying,
we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This
way you can stay informed and up to date on what s happening around
our organization and start your path to becoming part of our
FAMILY! EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High school diploma or equivalent education (GED) required
- Graduation from a nationally accredited Medical Assistant
program OR comparable healthcare vocational training (i.e.
foreign-trained physician, paramedic, etc.) required
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience as a Medical Assistant,
Patient Care Technician or similar in a hospital, medical clinic or
comparable environment OR documented clinical rotation training can
be substituted for work experience
- BLS for Healthcare Providers required
- Experience working with geriatric patients is a plus
- EMR system experience preferred The Care Promoter 1 is an
unlicensed medical professional cross-trained to perform routine
administrative and clinical tasks to keep the medical centers
running smoothly. The duties of Care Promoter 1 vary from setting
to setting, depending on the size, location and type. In addition
to administrative duties, Care Promoters perform clinical duties
under direct physician supervision in accordance with state
practice acts. The Care Promoter 1 is an integral member of a
Physician-led Care Team that is focused on providing excellent and
comprehensive primary care for a specific population of
By submitting your interest in this job, you agree to receive text
notifications with additional steps to complete your job
application. You will receive up to 6 messages from the number
"63879". Message & data rates may apply. Please refer to our
physician, clinic, family, family medicine, family medicine
physician, family practice physician, hospitalist, outpatient,
Keywords: ChenMed, Bradenton , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!