Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) PRN Southwest Florida Home Care, Inc. - Bradenton, FL
Company: Southwest Florida Home Care, Inc.
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Job Title/Position: Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor
Job Description Summary
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for
providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered
nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care,
providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members
of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Provides direct patient care as defined in the state Nurse
- Implements plan of care initiated by the registered
- Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the
plan of care.
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education
and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
- Assists the registered nurse or physician in performing
specialized procedures and duties, which include preparing
equipment and materials for treatments, observing aseptic technique
as required, and assisting the patient in learning appropriate
- Participates in coordination of home health services,
appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines
(HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietician) to the registered nurse and/or
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and
- Participates in personal and professional growth and
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of
the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of
this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related
tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing
- Has three (3) years nursing experience. Community/home health
or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
- Currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse or licensed
vocational nurse in the state.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and
- Possesses and maintains CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good
Keywords: Southwest Florida Home Care, Inc., Bradenton , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) PRN Southwest Florida Home Care, Inc. - Bradenton, FL, Healthcare , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!