Registered Nurse - RN - Burn - ICU - Plastic Reconstructive - FT Days
Company: Blake Medical Center
Posted on: January 8, 2019
Are you an ICU registered
nurse looking to gain more skills? We are seeking to add a registered nurse to
the Burn - ICU team.
Blake Medical Center is seeking a compassionate Registered Nurse to join our Burn ICU Nursing Team. Apply online today!
We are willing to train experienced ICU RNs eager to learn a new critical care specialty!
Patients Cases include: Burn, Decubitus/Flap Surgery, Grafts, Head/Neck/Hand Surgery, Revascularization, Plastics/Reconstruction, Digital Reattachments, Leech Therapy, and more.
We will also train you on the
HBO unit to add to your registered nurse skills.
New 6-bed Unit!
1-2:1 Typical Patient-to-Nurse Ratio
Great opportunity to break into this specialty with a high energy team!
Blake Medical Center is proud to offer the addition of burn care services led by renowned burn surgeon and researcher, Dr. Fred Mullins. These services are available for all burn patients from emergency initial evaluation through the entire process of reconstructive surgery.
Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program will formally begin in July of 2016, allowing us to accept and teach resident physicians at our hospital. Blake is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health. Also, our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index--.
Blake Medical Center's ICU Nursing Team is committed to fulfilling our hospital's mission statement "to provide exceptional care to every patient, every time."
We're looking for top talent. Apply online today!
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred.Licensure/Certification
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS, PALS, and TNCC preferred, required within 6 months of hire
- ABLS preferred, required within 12 months of hire
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale certification required - available online at www.strokeassociation.org.
Experience / Skills
- Minimum one year RN experience preferred; prior ICU experience desired
- Prior Pediatric Nursing experience desired.
- Prior Burn experience desired, but not required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Keywords: Blake Medical Center, Bradenton , Registered Nurse - RN - Burn - ICU - Plastic Reconstructive - FT Days, Healthcare , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!