Certified Nursing Assistant CNA PCT PRN
Company: Blake Medical Center
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our hospital is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health.
At Blake Medical Center, we utilize complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, our hospital implemented the CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called "Advanced Clinicals".
The PCT performs a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN) in a complementary and assistive role. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance to the PCT's training, competence and skills, hospital policies and procedures and the State Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient care environment.
Under the supervision of the RN, performs delegated patient care activities as directed and ordered in accordance with one's training, competence and skill. Delegated tasks may include:
- Obtaining vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes
- Safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD)
- Specimen collection to include blood collection for bedside glucose testing. Correctly labels all lab specimens
Consistently assists with maintaining a safe patient environment to include:
- Addressing identified hazards in the physical environment of the patient room to prevent patient falls
- Hand hygiene and consistent use of standard precautions
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate following transmission based precautions procedures
- Communicates timely and accurate information for delegated patient care activities performed to include observed patient response to performed activities to the assigned RN in a written or verbal format following hand-off communication guidelines.
- Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission for patient processing and assists with patient transfer or discharge preparations as instructed.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, ambulation, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
- Performs hourly rounding, consistently uses AIDET when interacting with patients and answers and responds to call lights timely
- May retrieve medication from pharmacy, medication storage room or tube system and deliver to a licensed staff member. Assists with the cleaning of equipment
- Assists with orientation of new personnel as directed.
- Must learn and comply with facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
1 year(s) of experience in previous PCT experience in a healthcare setting, preferred
- CNA certification with the State of Florida
Basic Cardiac Life Support
CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training required for Behavioral Health.
Keywords: Blake Medical Center, Bradenton , Certified Nursing Assistant CNA PCT PRN, Healthcare , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!