Registered Nurse (RN) Plastic Reconstructive ICU
Company: Blake Medical Center
Posted on: August 24, 2019
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Blake Medical Center: The Best is
Yet to Come. #ChangingCulture #ImprovingCommunities
Blake Medical Center is seeking a compassionate Registered Nurse to
join our Burn ICU Nursing Team. Apply online today!
We are willing to train experienced ICU RNs eager to learn a new
critical care specialty!
Patients Cases include: Burn, Decubitus/Flap Surgery, Grafts,
Head/Neck/Hand Surgery, Revascularization, Plastics/Reconstruction,
Digital Reattachments, Leech Therapy, and more.
New 6-bed Unit!
1-2:1 Typical Patient-to-Nurse Ratio
Great opportunity to break into this specialty with a high energy
Blake Medical Center is proud to offer the addition of burn care
services led by renowned burn surgeon and researcher, Dr. Fred
Mullins. These services are available for all burn patients from
emergency initial evaluation through the entire process of
Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes
from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our
383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official
verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal
Medicine Residency Training Program will formally begin in July of
2016, allowing us to accept and teach resident physicians at our
hospital. Blake is also a proud recipient of the American Heart
Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and
beyond dedication to employees' health. Also, our Florida
community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and
No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being
Blake Medical Center's ICU Nursing Team is committed to fulfilling
our hospital's mission statement "to provide exceptional care to
every patient, every time."
We're looking for top talent. Apply online today!
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart
- Current ACLS, PALS, and TNCC preferred, required within 6
months of hire
- ABLS preferred, required within 12 months of hire
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale certification
required - available online at www.strokeassociation.org.
Experience / Skills
- Minimum one year RN experience preferred; prior ICU experience
- Prior Pediatric Nursing experience desired.
- Prior Burn experience desired, but not required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Keywords: Blake Medical Center, Bradenton , Registered Nurse (RN) Plastic Reconstructive ICU, Healthcare , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!