Posted on: February 8, 2019
Position Summary: Clean patient rooms, nursing units, administrative offices, waiting areas and public restrooms, as well as launder all hospital linen. Using various cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, housekeepers wipe equipment, clean furniture, mop floors and vacuum carpets. They make beds, empty trash and restock medical supplies. Housekeepers may also collect dirty linen from client areas and distribute the clean linen back to the appropriate floors. Using cleaning supplies and equipment are an essential part of the position, which is
why housekeepers take a daily inventory as well as inspect their equipment for cleanliness, and repairs or replacements.
Minimum Qualifications: Completion of 10 years of academic education or its equivalent; previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Preferred Qualification: Institutional housekeeping experience preferred.
Special Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products,
techniques and methods.
Reports to work as scheduled on a daily basis and performs assigned duties to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
Cleans and vacuums designated resident/patient and administrative areas.
Launders and provides clean bedding to resident/patient areas as needed or requested.
Reports unusual conditions such as insect infestation, unsafe conditions, or needed repairs to supervisor.
Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work Environment/Physical Demands: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud. Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel and bend, lift, push and pull. May require lifting of up to 40 pounds.
Position Type, Expected Hours of Work and Travel: Depends on schedule and position hired. Some early morning, evening, weekend and holidays are required, depending on scheduled times reflected on posted schedules.
TIME TYPE:Full time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
* HEALTH & WELLNESS
* Medical Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability - Company Paid
* Wellness Programs - Company Paid
* FINANCIAL WELLBEING
* Competitive Compensation Packages
* Life Insurance - Company Paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
* 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
* Retirement and Financial Planning Services
* Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
* Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
* You have rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act
* CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
* At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
* Tuition Reimbursement for company approved programs
* Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
* Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
* Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
* WORK LIFE BALANCE
* Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc.
* Company Paid Holidays in addition to Paid Time Off
* Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
* Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Centerstone, Bradenton , Housekeeper (1.0), Hospitality & Tourism , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!