Assembler C - 1st Shift ($17.73+/hr)
Company: Oshkosh Corporation
Posted on: November 20, 2022
About Pierce, an Oshkosh companyAt Pierce Manufacturing, we
build trucks that protect people and communities around the world.
To our team, there is no room for anything less than providing the
absolute best. Since 1913, building truck bodies on Model T Ford
chassis in an old converted church has evolved to creating highly
customized, carefully designed and engineering pumpers, aerials,
tankers and rescue units that have no equal. Today, you'll find
more than 30,000 Pierce apparatuses on the road that are making a
difference in people's lives, every day. To us, every step in the
process of building our trucks is personal. From innovation and
expertise, to the customization and service. Our trucks are
designed to perform under the toughest conditions.With a career at
Pierce Manufacturing, you can expect:
- Competitive Pay - pay based on experience and education,
minimum starting pay of $18.18 per hour
- Merit increases at 90 days, 12 months and then annually
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability benefits,
401k plan & company match, tuition reimbursement, wellness
programs, paid time off, paid holidays, company stock purchase
program, discount program (cell phones, hotels, entertainment, gym
memberships and so much more), and reimbursement for safety shoes &
- Effective after 30 days
- Job & Company Stability
- Opportunities for Career Growth
- Hands-On Approach
- Customer Focus
- Culture for Fostering Teamwork
- Respected Leaders
- People First Culture
- Hiring ImmediatelyShift Overview:
- Openings on 1st and 2nd Shift
- 1st Shift: Monday - Friday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm; overtimes is
worked before and after shift, with potential Saturday
- 2nd shift: Monday - Friday 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm; overtime is
worked prior to shift, with potential Saturday overtimeBasic
- 1 or more years of relevant experience OR High School Diploma
or equivalent educationJOB SUMMARY:Entry level Assembler
responsible for safely assembling equipment by following
instructions by supervisors or trainers. These assemblies vary in
size and require the use of a variety of mechanical, electrical and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to follow directions to utilize proper tools to align,
drill and secure components with correct bolts and torque to
- Cut, fit, bend, and adjust parts for fit or function.
- Ability to accurately use and read a tape measure.
- Follow work instructions and standard operating
- Ability to perform assembly operations in designated work
- Assemble parts and subassemblies to create components.
- Assemble parts correctly.
- Drill holes for wires, hoses and small parts.
- Operate a torch or grinder to cut and shape parts.
- Position parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading
- Install various truck accessories (decals, stencils, trim,
- Lift and stack completed subassemblies and parts up to
- Train and work in various areas of assembly in response to
- Follow verbal and written work instructions.
- Attention to detail necessary to adhere to quality
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Regular attendance required.
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience with basic hand tools.
- Demonstrated experience using various small and pneumatic hand
- Requires the use of simple arithmetic and measuring instruments
such as caliper, scale, and measuring tape.Oshkosh is committed to
working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job
applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an
accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment
process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or
email@example.com.Oshkosh Corporation is
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company
will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information
collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way
affect the decision regarding an employment application.Oshkosh
Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Corporation, Bradenton , Assembler C - 1st Shift ($17.73+/hr), Human Resources , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!