Company: Manatee County Sheriff's Office
Posted on: November 24, 2022
General Description of Duties
Performs various clerical payroll and analytical accounting duties
associated with processing bi-weekly payrolls, including entering
hours worked, taxes, and scheduled deduction data into a payroll
system database, verifying accuracy of figures and computations and
balancing and reconciling accounts; computes and posts wages,
reconciles errors, and maintains records. This position frequently
requires working within strict deadlines, with a great deal of
multi-tasking, under stressful conditions and with a variety of
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Ability to accurately enter and/or retrieve information from
various computer systems and/or programs in a timely manner
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with
employees, other agencies and the public
* Ability to be a self-starter, while working well in a strong team
* Ability to pay close attention to detail while conducting
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
* Ability to use initiative and independent judgment within
* Ability to work with and meet required deadlines utilizing time
* Ability to make arithmetic computations rapidly and
* Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations
governing payroll processing.
* Skill in the use of office equipment including computers,
scanners, and various software applications.
* Well-skilled in computer knowledge and ability to effectively use
a computer-based time management system
* Required to speak and hear clearly
* Often required to sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or
feel. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and
hands, climb stairs or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or
* Requires close vision.
Tasks and Policies
* Accurately calculates employee hours and deductions in order to
ensure all payroll checks are accurate, in accordance with agency
* Accurately updates the payroll processing system in a timely
manner to reflect all authorized payroll changes.
* Thoroughly reviews, balances, and accurately reconciles the
payroll edit report.
* Correctly locates, tabulates, and accurately compiles statistical
data in a timely manner, and generates the edited statistical
report as requested.
* Ensures that all documents/reports/correspondence are correctly
updated as required, filed in a timely manner, and secured in the
appropriate location consistent with agency policy.
* Successfully completes all assignments to specifications, within
specified timeframe and budget as directed and in accordance with
agency policies and regulations.
* Attends meetings, conferences and seminars as needed or
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Arrives on time for work, limits breaks and lunches to the
allotted time, and leaves on time. Uses leave in accordance with
General Order. Communicates and cooperates with management in
providing proper notice of leave; patterns and amounts of leave
usage (not including legitimate, properly scheduled and approved
leave and protected leave).
* Volume of work accomplished is consistent with position
requirements and produced within quality tolerance standards.
* Is willing to contribute ideas and actions without being prompted
or instructed to do so;is willing to adapt to changes.
* Works with other team members to achieve group goals by
contributing ideas in group settings, accepting ideas contributed
by others, operating within team rules, participating in team
meetings, working with team members to improve job knowledge and
skills, putting team goals over personal goals, and supporting team
leaders once decisions are made.
* Follows standard office procedures, safety policies and
procedures and agency General Orders.
* Maintains good interpersonal relations (the manner in which the
employee responds emotionally and verbally) with the public, other
employees, and supervisors. This policy also relates to the image
the employee projects and includes cleanliness and personal
* Maintains confidentiality of information learned or acquired as
part of the position.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
* Valid Florida driver license required.
* Minimum of three (3) years experience in a payroll position of
50+ employees; advanced education and/or degree may be substituted
* FCP or CPP designation desired.
* Experience in automated time and attendance systems is
* Experience working with One Solution - OnBase preferred.
Keywords: Manatee County Sheriff's Office, Bradenton , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!