District Resort Maintenance Manager
Company: Sun Communities, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Do you like working with your hands? Are you a maintenance
professional looking for a dynamic and growing organization that
will both challenge and reward you? Join our team at Sun RV Resorts
and embark on an exciting new opportunity! We are looking for a
District Resort Maintenance Manager to oversee the
maintenance and upkeep of the resort grounds.
As a District Resort Maintenance Manager you'll be responsible
for the overall maintenance and upkeep of resort grounds,
facilities, streets, equipment and utility systems of two or more
RV resorts. You'll also supervise and oversee individual resort
maintenance team members.
- Oversee and assist maintenance teams with all aspects of
property maintenance and repairs of grounds and facilities such as
lawns, clubhouses, pools, streets, curbs and
- Ensure overall resort appearance is well maintained and groomed
to Sun's curb appeal standards.
- Assist with the selection of contractual services.
- Complete regular inspections of resident sites throughout
- Coordinate and ensure completion of routine maintenance and
minor emergency repairs.
- Coordinate team member selection, training, scheduling and
development of direct reports and ensure team members comply with
appropriate policies and procedures.
- Follow-up on work assignments to ensure efficient, thorough
completion of assigned work orders.
- Prioritize and resolve resort service requests; maintain record
of types and frequency of service requests received.
- Establish emergency maintenance on-call schedule.
- Assist with move-in procedures; perform resale inspection
authorization, prepare commencement inventory checklist, ensure
management presence at time of move-in, prepare and oversee lot
modifications, supervise all contractors, and maintain exterior of
model homes until sold.
- Prepare and maintain all maintenance-related logs; ensure
proper maintenance of resort vehicles.
- Perform water testing and other maintenance duties related to a
well-water system or on-site water meters, if applicable; ensure
water samples are taken on a regular basis.
- Ensure safe storage of hazardous chemicals and/or
- Review and approve exterior improvement and tree
- Maintain inventory of equipment, tools and supplies; purchase
supplies, equipment and services as needed while ensuring to adhere
to budget guidelines.
- Meet with Resort Managers daily to report on the status of
scheduled maintenance work; notify managers of unsightly or
hazardous conditions and recommended solutions.
- Issue resident rule reminders and violation notices; follow-up
- Assist Resort Managers with all aspects of capital expenditure
program, including reviewing budget variances as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 4 years experience with general maintenance
techniques, repair work and groundskeeping
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of plumbing, electrical, construction,
pool and grounds maintenance
- Ability to endure seasonal temperatures as working conditions
require constant outdoor work
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools and power
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Basic computer proficiency including the ability to use the
Microsoft Office Suite, email, and internet
- Ability to respond to resort needs during non-business
At Sun RV Resorts, you will be part of an industry-leading
organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and
transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this
is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us
your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting
work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work
environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will
reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time
off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with
multipleplan designs so you can choose the plan that best meets the
needs of you and your family
- Comprehensive Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Sun matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to
team members who further their formal education
- Vacation RV Site Discounts for team members when visiting SunRV
Resorts across the nation
- Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of
discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service,
- Paid Time Off including ten holidays, vacation, personal, sick
time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
Keywords: Sun Communities, Inc., Bradenton , District Resort Maintenance Manager, Other , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!