Banner DBA - Oracle - CC
Company: CampusWorks Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Banner DBA will be a key contributor to planning, analysis,
coordination, support and maintenance of the ERP system Ellucian
Banner and all components such as: Banner 9, ESM, DegreeWorks, ODS,
EDW, Workflow, BDMS / XtenderSolutions, UC4, BEP, and EEI. You will
install, configure, and maintain Oracle based technologies and any
required technologies in support of Banner and its components. You
will be critical in the coordination of physical and logical
changes to enterprise databases and applications. The Banner DBA
may also serve as a primary point of contact between the ERP
Database group and functional users; serve as the primary point of
contact for data interfaces with outside entities and technical
support resources; support the Director of Enterprise Systems in
the execution of all principal functions of the Enterprise Systems
Status: 1099 Contract Consultant - Part-time
Reports To: Portfolio Team Lead
Travel: up to 50%
- Coordinate efforts to ensure Banner and Oracle environment
operates in accordance with established security and support best
practices (including troubleshooting and resolution Oracle database
and application server problems). Coordinate support activities in
accordance with establish priorities, track progress involving
external resources (including coordination of Go/No-Go decisions on
significant and upgrades for Oracle and Banner). Coordinate efforts
with assessment, remediation and implementation of best practices
for Banner and Oracle environment (including assurance of version
control over Oracle and Banner-specific software on database
servers and application servers).
- Application of patches and upgrades and coordination user
testing for Banner. Serve as primary point of contact for Banner
and Oracle operations, including off- hours (best effort)
troubleshooting and resolution of technical problems for Banner and
- Maintenance and synchronization of four instances of
Oracle/Banner: production (PROD), test (TEST), development (DVLP)
and backup/recovery (RECO). Maintenance and synchronization of
three instances of Oracle: production, test, and backup/recovery.
Installation of new release versions of Oracle-related software
applications - control promotion from DVLP to TEST to PROD.
- Develop and track action items for Banner and Oracle support
- Maintenance of user access lists for Oracle/Banner and Oracle
functional permissions (system security).
- Creation and maintenance of documentation of standard operating
procedures for Enterprise Group functions. Development and
administration of Banner training sessions aimed at module owners
keeping them up .
- Liaise with Programmer & Functional Analyst staff to help
coordinate Banner and database related efforts and efficient
service operations. Assist with agenda organization and provide IT
updates at Banner Users Group meetings.
- May be required to be available for after-hours emergency
response duties as a member of a 7x24x365 ERP support team.
Experience and Education
- BS Degree in Computer Science or other STEM related
- Minimum 5+ years of technical experience working in a Higher
Education environment and specifically using Ellucian Banner with
- Knowledge and skill in Ellucian Banner, Linux and Oracle
database architecture, SQL and Oracle applications development
- Specific knowledge of the following:
- Operational Data Storage (ODS), Enterprise Data Warehouse
(EDW), Ellucian Banner ERP, Banner 9/XE Administration, Banner
Enterprise Identity Services (BEIS), Single Sign-on
Configuration/Support (SSO), Degree Works, BDM, RMAN, Automic
Applications Manager (formerly known as UC4), Ellucian Solution
Manager (ESM), Application Navigator, Appworks, WebLogic,
- Shell scripting
- Ability to work effectively with end-users and teammates, to
gain their confidence, to understand their technical and
operational needs and translate them into viable technical
- Work independently and multitask, prioritize tasks, and execute
without constant supervision
- Workflow automation of common repeatable Oracle & RHEL
- Knowledge Management
- Knowledge of relational database design - normalization,
optimization, etc. Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Knowledge and skill in creating and administering technical
training sessions for college administrators, faculty, and staff.
Assist and orient users in the correct operations of new and
- Effective interpersonal skill as applied to interaction with
culturally diverse populations, college administrators, faculty,
staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Participate in creation of both technical and user manuals for
new and existing applications.
- Experience designing business based solutions to support the
functions in various business units, preferably in a higher
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple, complex and
varied assignments in a timely manner. Must be well organized and
able to keep meticulous records.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to clearly and
effectively communicate technical information to individuals at all
levels of the organization with varying levels of
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed documentation for
technology systems and processes.
- Ability to create and maintain detailed testing plans and
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the
needs of diverse student populations.
- Ability to conduct research into administrative system issues
and products as required.
- Knowledge of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen
attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure
- Strong customer service orientation skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative
What You Can Expect from Us
At CampusWorks, we don't just help our clients succeed; we help
our employees succeed. Competitive pay, robust benefits, and
professional development opportunities are a few of the many
reasons that CampusWorks is a great place to build your career. Our
Meaningful work. Our employees often tell us that their work
gives them a sense of purpose because it makes a difference in the
lives of students and educators.
A CEO who cares. Chairman and CEO Liz Murphy has made it her
mission to create a culture that appreciates and takes good care of
its people. As a result, being an employee of CampusWorks feels
like being a member of a big family.
A virtual workplace. In an effort to reduce our environmental
footprint, CampusWorks became a virtual company in 2012. As such,
our team members are located across the U.S. and Canada, where they
work from their home offices and at client sites.
Flexibility. We value work-life balance because we know that
happy employees create happy customers. T hat's why CampusWorks
offers both full-time and part-time 1099 consulting career
opportunities to fit life's unique demands.
A company that gives back. Every year CampusWorks proudly
supports numerous charitable fundraising initiatives that align
with our vision to make higher education accessible to
There are many things our employees love about working for
CampusWorks, but don't take our word for it. Hear what they have to
say. Read employee testimonials"
Founded in 1999, CampusWorks is dedicated to helping higher
education overcome business and technological challenges that stand
in the way of student success and completion. We work with
community colleges, technical colleges, four-year public and
private institutions, multi-college districts, and statewide higher
education systems to tackle problems big and small. Our services
are rooted in systems thinking and reach across the
institution-from Student Services to Human Resources to Finance to
Academics-to achieve transformative results.
AAP/EEO Statement: CampusWorks, Inc. provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) and Affirmative Actions (AA) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status,
amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local laws.
CampusWorks does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing
and executive search firms.
Keywords: CampusWorks Inc, Bradenton , Banner DBA - Oracle - CC, Other , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!