Below you will find the details for the position including any
supplementary documentation and questions you should review before
applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click
the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like tobookmark this position for later review,
click on the Bookmark link. To email this position
to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link.
If you would like to print a copy of this position for your
records, click on the Print Preview link.
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's
Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property
of the college.This position is not eligible for veteran
preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you
have any questions.
SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service
excellence in the following position of Director, Human Resources.
This position is responsible for planning, directing, and providing
oversight of the administration of all aspects of the College wide
Human Resources function. Provides strategic input to management
regarding staffing, compensation, benefits, professional
development, and the diversity initiatives of the College. Serves
as resource and counselor to managers and senior
Position Title Director, Human Resources
Requisition Number 4142021HR
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the
1. Directs, develops, plans budgets and supervises the activities
of College human resources functions to meet College strategic and
annual goals, including recruitment, employee benefits,
compensation, and professional development.
2. Analyzes and reports to senior management on all issues
affecting employment, including but not limited to, turnover,
benefits utilization, professional development, market
3. Oversees the maintenance of records for all employees and job
applicants in accordance with Federal, State Statutes and local
regulations, College Rules, and SACS guidelines.
4. Participates in on-going professional development to keep
abreast of current regulatory and management employment and benefit
5. Reviews job descriptions and ensures updates as necessary.
Recommends position classifications on new positions and
reclassifications of current positions from information provided by
departmental supervisors or their designated representative and the
employment coordinator, and in accordance with the College job
6. Provides regular consultation to Presidents Advisory Council
on human resources issues and serves as a member of various College
and community committees regarding employment, benefits,
participation in grant contracts, and personnel budgeting
7. Conducts wage and salary surveys to obtain comparable data on
compensation practices of other organizations; and maintains market
competitive position of State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
8. Prepares salary schedules and develops College-wide
compensation and benefits budgets annually.
9. Develops College wide Human Resources rules and procedures
and provides explanation as necessary.
10. Keeps current on Federal and State Statutes, Board of
Education regulations, Attorney General and counsel opinions
concerning College employees and disseminates same to College
officials on a need-to-know basis.
11. Provides oversight of Equity initiatives to recruit and
retain diverse faculty and staff.
12. Researches, recommends for implementation, and administers
Benefits Program including medical, life, disability insurance,
retirement, workers compensation and unemployment, and other
benefits to meet the needs of employees and market competition.
13. Develops professional development programs for management
and career staff. Oversees orientation of all new employees.
14. Prepares and presents recommendations to the District Board
of Trustees regarding policies, rules, and programs related to the
Human Resources function.
15. Develops and oversees maintenance of human resource function
of College ERP system.
16. Supervises, evaluates, and coaches the Human Resources
17. HIPAA Compliance Officer.
18. PHI Level: Full access to PHI .
19. Provides and maintains cellular telephone services and is
accessible by cellular phone to the College at all times, except
during duly authorized holidays and approved vacation, personal or
Masters degree in related field from an accredited university and
seven or more years related management level experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
More than five years of direct supervisory experience, including
formal training in supervision, is required for this position.
Certificates and Licenses:
SPHR or SHRM - SCP certification required. Must have ability to
acquire within one year of hire.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Floridas
Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property
of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please
contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings
and employment reference checks.
Department Name Human Resources
Work Schedule 12 month
Work Hours From 8:00 am
Work Hours To 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week 37.5 hours
Requested Start Date July 1, 2021
Job Type Staff/Administration
Continuing Contract Eligible No
Benefits Eligible Yes
Hiring Range $72,078 - $92,981
Job Open Date 04/15/2021
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled No
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate
on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national
origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic
information or sexual orientation in any of its educational
programs, services and activities, including admission and
employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies
to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How were you referred?
- Affirmative Action Register
- Bradenton Herald
- Chronicle for Higher Education - Print
- Chronicle for Higher Education - Online
- Community College Week
- Convergence: Diversity and Inclusion
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Sarasota Herald Tribune
- St. Petersburg Times
- State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota Website
- The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Ed
- Venice Gondolier Newspaper
- Women in Higher Education
- Buckaroo website
- Employ Florida
- Latin Chamber of Commerce
- Job Fair
- SCF Employee Referral
- If Other (Please specify):
(Open Ended Question)
To ensure the security of your data, you will be logged out due to
inactivity in 3 minutes at
- Do you have a Masters degree in related field from an
accredited university and seven or more years related management
level experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience?
- Do you have more than five years of direct supervisory
experience, including formal training in supervision?
- Do you have an active SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification or have
the ability to acquire within one year of hire?
Any data not saved will be lost.
Click 'OK' to keep your session active.