PT Security Guard
Company: Kar Auction Services
Posted on: June 6, 2021
ADESA Sarasota is now hiring for a Weekend (Saturday &
Sunday) PT Security Shift 6pm -6am Security Guard
Who We Are: ADESA Automotive Auction is a leader in the
wholesale auto auction industry. Last year, we facilitated the sale
of 3.2 million used vehicles. ADESA serves customers both online
and at our 75 used car auto auctions across North America. We are
market makerswe provide the services that create the used vehicle
marketplace. We are match makerswe bring the right buyers and
sellers together. What We Offer:
ADESA Sarasota offers an environment where you can grow and
advance, with opportunities across a wide range of business units
and locations. We work in a service industry and embrace a we
versus I culturehelp others, and they will help you. Our industry
is fun, fast-paced and competitiveand filled with the best people
who are passionate about what they do.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the
following: Provide excellent customer service: Ensure
customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention.
Maintain a professional appearance, orderly work environment and
friendly disposition by greeting others. Resolve any
customer complaints in a friendly and courteous manner. Notify the
designated manager of all serious complaints or incidents.
Other responsibilities: Practice and promote teamwork
continuously. Set a good personal example of attitude and
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Inspect the fence line for indications of unauthorized entry
or potential security risks.
- Insure the offices, auction building and grounds are secured
at established times. Note any security, safety or fire
- Watch and report irregularities, such as fire hazards,
leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Secure gates at established times and patrol auction
property. Check for unlocked doors. Maintain radio contact with the
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering,
smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels
- Sounds alarm or call police or fire department by telephone
in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Permits authorized persons to enter properly. Observes
departing personnel to guard against theft of company
- Recommend new customer services and procedures to the
- Monitor all working area conditions and equipment to ensure
they are within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper
maintenance and safety. Promptly notify Lot Manager and designated
manager of all breakdowns and maintenance needs.
- Ensure all area conditions do not threaten the safety of
employees or customers. Respond to employee and customer accidents,
injuries and loss or damage to property by promptly reporting
incidents to management and follow proper procedures. Report all
incidents to designated manager immediately. Practice proper loss
prevention and reaction procedures.
- Ensure proper follow-through on directives, bulletins and
schedules from the designated manager or other auction and
corporate sources. Maintain a good flow of communication with other
- Account for and identify all keys, codes or other
- Maintain a current list of emergency and management
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: The
physical activity requirements of the position are from Light to
Medium Physical Work. Visual acuity requirements include
color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to
definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators
(including inspection) positions.
Constant standing, watching, listening,
sitting, walking Frequent walking,
talking, reaching, feeling, grasping, kneeling, stooping,
crouching Occasional pushing, pulling,
lifting Potential running, jumping,
yelling, or other rapid or forceful movement in emergency
situations This position is subject to both inside and
outside environmental working conditions, including temperature
changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient
noise levels, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or
respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with
internal and external service station/convenience food and
petroleum dispensing operations. Note: This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed by incumbents in this position. Employee(s)
will be required to follow any other job-related instruction or
duties requested by an authorized person. The requirements listed
in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One (1) to three (3) years of security experience
- EMS (Emergency Medical Services) Certification
- Must have the ability to work various shifts, weekends
- Effective customer relations, communication and
interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to understand and adhere to Company policies in all
areas is required.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a
valid drivers license.
- Promote and practice company Core Values.
KAR is an EOE and a Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Kar Auction Services, Bradenton , PT Security Guard, Other , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!