Assistant Branch Manager
Company: First Horizon Bank
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Two strong banks headquartered in the Southeast, First Horizon
Bank and IBERIABANK, have merged to become a top 25 bank with
offices across the southeastern United States. IBERIABANK
locations will soon begin operating under the First Horizon
name. First Horizon began in 1864, in Memphis, Tennessee and
we've remained dedicated to our clients, associates, and
communities for over 150 years. Our culture and diversity shape the
way we do business. It's resulted in numerous awards and growth into
a top 25 bank with locations across the Southeast. We're
publicly traded under the ticker symbol "FHN" on the NYSE. Join us and represent the
distinguished First Horizon organization with other stellar
associates and find out how much your career can grow!
Our IBERIABANK - First Horizon Bank branches and associates are
exceptional and our assistant branch managers are the seasoned
bankers who also supervise the branches’ operations. You'll ensure
policies, procedures, compliance, and security guidelines are
followed. These ABMs maintain client relationship profiles and
providing top-notch customer service. You'll understand that a
successful retail branch encompasses the strength of sound
operations with the high-quality care of its clients. Be a part
of First Horizon Bank's retail group and submit your Assistant
Branch Manager application today!
A day in the life of an Assistant Branch
- Manages the daily operations of an First Horizon Bank's
- Coaches branch team on financial operations as well as training
them on seeking opportunities to deepen client relationships.
- Assists in staffing a branch as well as continuing development
of existing branch associates.
- Maintain work flow and handle scheduling the Tellers.
- Evaluation of employee’s performance and issuing of counseling
- Determine and satisfy training needs and establishing
- Identify and refer customers to appropriate departments.
- Generate cross sales and referrals to generate new business and
- Promote bank products and further establish business
- Conduct meetings to institute new policies and procedures, to
promote sales, product knowledge, and customer service to ensure
continuous development of staff.
- Open checking accounts, savings accounts, and provide all other
deposit product services at the customer’s request.
- Explain product benefits, changes, restrictions, requirements,
and any other relevant product information to customers and
- Ensure proper control and maximum efficiency in the teller
- Provide teller line support in order to keep the customer wait
time to a minimum and customer service to a maximum.
- Ensures all audit and security policies and procedures are
followed during customer service hours and at banking office
opening and closing.
- Control the inventory of cash, Traveler’s Cheques, Official
Checks and Personal Money Orders through dual control.
- Monitor the daily balancing and processing of ATM and
night/lobby depositories, including the processing of all entries,
servicing and required audits.
- Alert staff of any suspected fraud, kiting, theft or other
- Secure all applicable cash records and all other transaction
records, supplies and computer equipment at the end of the work
- Assist Branch Manager in monitoring daily transactions
including NSF, OD etc… and take appropriate action within the
authority to maintain operations within established guide
- Monitor the daily teller cash limits through the branch cash
balancing report to ensure that the total cash in the branch is
- Coordinate and assist with the dual control vault
- Use good judgment and follow bank policies when overriding
transactions for teller with withdrawals/less cash authority.
- Assist Tellers in balancing as needed, reviews the daily
banking office settlement, prepare correcting entries to reconcile
- Perform branch cash audits as required.
- Take loan applications for retail/small business loans as
- Other duties may be assigned
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation
of assigned employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the
qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required in this position:
- High school diploma or GED and 5 or more years of experience
with a financial institution required or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Teller and Relationship Banker experience preferred
- 1-2 years of supervisory/management experience preferred.
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
Microsoft Office Suite
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Ex: CPA, Series 6 or 7
Keywords: First Horizon Bank, Bradenton , Assistant Branch Manager, Other , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!