Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Company: Blake Medical Center
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
***$5K SIGN ON BONUS INCLUDED***
New Grads Welcome!
This is a full-time, night shift position
HCA Florida Blake Hospital
2020 59th St West Bradenton, FL 34209
We are seeking a hospital based Medical Technologist/Clinical
Laboratory Scientist -like you to join our organization.
HCA Florida Blake Hospital is a 383-bed, tertiary hospital and
leading provider of quality and affordable healthcare. The facility
has been serving the healthcare needs of Manatee County since 1973
and serves as the County's only Trauma Center. Blake also boasts
many designations and certifications from some of the most
well-known names in healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they
need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as
well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly
customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique
benefits we offer include:
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a Medical Technologist, you will perform stat and routine
clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which
individuals and departments are licensed under the direction of a
Laboratory Supervisor, Manager or Director. You will perform duties
consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements and
apply theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent
judgement to ensure timely and accurate results. You will also
maintain licensure, competency, and will regulatory schedule in
Blood Bank, Chemistry, and Hematology sections of the laboratory.
-You will perform non-technical duties including, but not limited
to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the
department as required. Finally, you will support the department in
achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory
compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy
work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental
- Become proficient with information system computer functions
relative to job duties.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the
performance of accurate and timely laboratory testing.
- Work in an organized manner and perform according to section
procedure manual so that other personnel can follow
- Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions
and complete within the allowable time frame.
- Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the
absence of the supervisor.
- Consistently complete all required records/documentation
pertaining to patient results.
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent
thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results.
(including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any
outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief.
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and completes
necessary documentation. -
- Assure that quality control results are within acceptable
guidelines and parameters.
- Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control,
standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within
- Assist supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency
requirements (CAP, etc.)
- Operate all equipment correctly and perform periodic
maintenance according to schedule. -
- Demonstrate the ability to perform equipment troubleshooting to
resolve basic equipment malfunctions.
- Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and
utilize them appropriately.
- Maintain education and development appropriate for
- Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test
results according to established procedures and in a timely
Qualifications You Should Have:
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree is required
- A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is
- A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the
ability to obtain a license prior to starting a new
- A minimum of 3 years as a Medical Technologist
- You should have availability to work during disasters
- The ability to frequently stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel,
move, and lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA Healthcare has also
been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies and
ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 List. Join our tradition of
excellence! We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are
you intrigued? -
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing
so apply today. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking -.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Blake Medical Center, Bradenton , Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Other , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!