Ultrasound Technologist Per Diem
Company: Universal Health Services
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Varied with Possible On Call
* You will be considered for any openings for which you qualify. It
is not necessary to apply to multiple positions.*
About Lakewood Ranch Medical Center (LWRMC):
LWRMC is the hospital of choice for many families in the
Manatee-Sarasota region. The hospital has earned the Gold Seal of
Approval from The Joint Commission. The Gold Seal of Approval
acknowledges the hospital's commitment to meeting certain
performance standards. Our medical staff includes more than 600
physicians and allied health professionals who practice in a wide
range of specialties and use advanced medical technology. LWRMC is
conveniently located near I-75 and University Parkway in Lakewood
LWRMC offers comprehensive benefits such as:
* Challenging and rewarding work environment
* Competitive Compensation
* Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Plan
* Generous Paid Time Off
* 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
* Career development opportunities within UHS and its
Under the direction of a radiologist, performs ultrasound exams at
a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Performs
sonograms with a thorough understanding of the equipment,
cross-sectional anatomy and the patient's circumstances under which
he/she may be scanned. Will work at the hospital's Main Campus, but
may float to Free Standing Emergency Department. Under the
direction of a radiologist, performs exams at a technical level not
requiring constant direct supervision.
* Performs sonograms with a thorough understanding of the
equipment, cross-sectional anatomy and the patient's circumstances
under which he/she may be scanned.
* Ability to perform all vascular exams (venous and arterial).
Ability to perform a variety of exams, such as General, Small
Parts, Breast, Vascular, OB and Gynecology.
* Ability to use independent judgment in performing these various
exams. Properly screens all patients to ensure there are no
contraindications for ordered exam.
* Performs quality control procedures as required by the
manufacture; evaluates all orders, verifies them with radiologist
if needed, and ensures correct exam is performed.
* Responsible for interacting with FED and hospital staff and/or
nursing departments regarding patient care, concerns, and conflicts
by identifying and assisting in the resolutions. Responsible and
accountable for maintaining performance skills.
* Demonstrates Service Excellence at all times.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Satisfactory completion of formal training in an AMA approved
school of Diagnostic Sonography.
* Minimum 1 year experience as an Ultrasound Technologist in a
hospital setting preferred.
* Able to function competently and independently in Ultrasound to
include but not limited to General, Small parts, Vascular, OB and
* Registered by and in good standing with the ARDMS or ARRT in
Vascular (RVT) and one other discipline in Sonography is
* Multi registered in other disciplines, preferred.
* Current BLS/CPR certification, required.
* Familiarized with utilizing a Trophon sterilization system,
* Able to perform all quality control and accreditation
For more information, please contact Sonia Joyner, Director of
Human Resources, at (941) 782-2136.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of
mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available
to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal
opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit
to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex
(including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),
genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is
critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments
and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching
skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS
and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient
and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting
us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Bradenton , Ultrasound Technologist Per Diem, Other , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!