Elementary Perm Substitute
Company: Charter Schools USA
Posted on: August 1, 2022
JOB PURPOSE:Enable children to pursue their education as
smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of the regular
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reviews with the principal, supervisor and/or designated teacher
the plans and schedule to be followed during the teaching day.
* Teaches the lessons prepared by the absent teacher.
* Reports in writing the day's activities at conclusion of each day
and provides other feedback as requested by the building
* Follows all school and CSUSA policies, rules, and procedures to
which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice
* Consults, as appropriate, with the building principal and/or
supervisor before initiating any lesson or other procedure not
specified in the teacher's plans.
* Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and
procedures of the school and classrooms to which they are
* Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and
at other times during the school day as requested.
* Maintains appropriate student behavior at all times throughout
the school day for assigned students.
* Maintains good relations with the faculty and staff of the
* Treats information about students and staff with utmost
MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the
mission of the company; supports the company's values in the
strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance,
superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in
the Employee Handbook.
* Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all
levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels.
As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be
sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public
* Time Management - Prioritizing, Organizing, Scheduling
* Computer Basics - Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook).
* Communication - Oral (including presentations), Written,
Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
* Completion of District's Substitute Workshop.
* Commitment to company values.
* Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find
appropriate and acceptable.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work
environment characteristics listed below are representative of the
environment the employee will encounter:
* Usual schools working conditions.
* May be noisy during high student traffic.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary
and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment
shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
* This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools
Human Resources retains the sole right and discretion to make
changes to this job description. Any employee making changes
unauthorized by the CEO or the VP of Human Resources will be
subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Manatee Charter School-FL920
Keywords: Charter Schools USA, Bradenton , Elementary Perm Substitute, Other , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!