Inside Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Tech
Company: Snider Fleet Solutions
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPeople who want to do a great job want to work
for a company that values that dedication.We do.Snider Fleet
Solutions is one of the largest commercial tire dealers and retread
service providers in the nation. We are recognized as an industry
leader for providing innovative outsourcing alternatives to both
single truck customers and large multi-location trucking fleets. In
addition to in-shop services, we also offer 24/7 emergency roadside
assistance. You'll be working with people who put everything
they've got into their jobs. Because they love what they do and
they love being on a winning team. We go the extra mile in
everything we do.We Offer:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – personal, holiday, sick and vacation
- Career advancement opportunities
- 401(k) retirement planning
- Profit sharing
- Employer-Paid Life
- Employer-Paid Short Term Disability
- And MoreWe are currently seeking a team member who believes in
the "extra mile" philosophy to fulfill our Inside Heavy Duty Truck
and Trailer Tech role.The Inside Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Tech
repairs and maintains both diesel and gasoline class 5 through 8
heavy trucks without direct supervision.All mechanical technicians
are eligible for a $3,500 retention BONUS and are automatically
enrolled!! In addition, technicians are eligible for a $700 monthly
commission!! What You'll Do on a Typical Day:Responsibilities
- Adheres to all policies, procedures, and values of Snider Fleet
- Reads job orders, observes, and identifies heavy duty trucks in
operational mode to determine malfunctions or issues in order to
plan the proper work procedures. Ability to access the TMC
Recommended Practices Library.
- Diagnoses all heavy duty truck system components, including
reading wiring diagrams, electrical, electronics, and emissions
related fault codes etc., in order to repair or replace faulty
parts, as indicated by the required testing or visual
- Ability to perform basic repairs such as brake jobs, PM
inspections, wheel end service, and trace open or shorted circuits,
gas, MIG, TIG, and electric arc (Stick) welding, plasma cutting and
basic fabrication, periodic maintenance on SCR, DOC, DPF, and DEF
systems as required by engine manufacturers, APU service and
repair, as well as A/C system diagnostics and repair.
- During periodic maintenance inspections, must examine all truck
componentry, insuring that vehicle is in satisfactory compliance
with Federal annual inspection and brake system criteria guidelines
and all safety devices such as fire extinguishers, reflective
triangles, conspicuity markings, ABS systems, collision avoidance,
frontal radar, and lane departure warning devices are fully
- Lubricate moving parts such as drive line components, hinged
parts, suspension, and steering systems components.
- Other duties may be assignedThis position will be based in a
commercial/industrial tire and/or mechanical truck service center
at one of our Snider Branches. The employee is frequently exposed
to fumes or airborne particles, interacts with moving mechanical
parts/equipment on a daily basis, and the noise level at the
service center is usually moderate to high.Our Ideal
Candidate:Education or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 2 years' experience within the industry or a related
management position.Certificates and Licenses:
- Federal Annual and Brake Inspector certification.
- Commercial TIA certification required after six months of
- Medium/Heavy Truck ASE certifications preferred. Skills and
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
- Safety conscious at all times.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and technical manuals.
- Ability to provide your own hand tools, as well as other
specialized tools to effectively perform job duties.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced
- Basic computer and/or smart phone skills.
- Knowledge with diagnostic equipment (OEM, aftermarket or
applicable as determined by manufacture).
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Related Software order processing
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and communication
- Basic understanding of VMRS codes, as well as TMC recommended
- Basic understanding in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills, as
well as close attention to detail. You bring the drive. We'll
provide the training. Apply today to join our winning team.
Keywords: Snider Fleet Solutions, Bradenton , Inside Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Tech, Other , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!