Rep, Route Service
Company: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Posted on: November 20, 2022
The Route Service Representative (RSR) is the face of Quest
Diagnostics to the public, our customers and acts as an Ambassador
for the company in everything he/she does. This position performs
day to day route operations by serving client needs with regard to
properly tracking, sorting, storing and transporting patient
specimens and other materials including but not limited to supplies
and patient results.
- Responsible for compliance with all processes including and not
limited to: timekeeping, attendance and punctuality, vehicle safety
and cleanliness, safety and OSHA requirements, handheld /scanning
device and usage, proper handling and storage of all samples from
the client office to the drop off point, proper packing of
specimens for shipment, end of day vehicle checks, dress code, code
of conduct and all Company / Regional / Logistics policies and
- Responsible for the safe and timely transportation of
specimens, supplies, reports, equipment and materials to the
- Responsible for operating company vehicle safely as well as
maintaining a valid driver's license and driving record within
acceptable company guidelines.
- Ensure route is started with proper equipment tools. i.e.,
route scanner sync/paper logs, carry bag, properly prepared coolers
for 3 separate thermal storage, dry ice, cell phone, keys, door
hangers, observation reports, etc.
- Follow route as scheduled/sequenced while allowing for
will-call stops and special pickups.
- Maintain specimen integrity at all times, including the
utilization of specimen carry bag to transport specimens from
client office/lock box to vehicle by temperature.
- Follow all scan/documentation requirements including but not
limited to tissue/irreplaceable and frozen tracking processes.
- Place Door Hanger for will-call clients with no specimens out.
Place Door Hanger for Daily clients who regularly provide specimens
but none are available at scheduled pick up. The RSR is required to
notify their Supervisor and/or Team Leader of service issue for a
next morning follow up.
- Communicate with Dispatch before leaving an area to ensure
will-calls have been cleared.
- Keep route information, sequencing and all client notes up to
- Attendance and punctuality in meetings and training
- Meet all training requirements in a timely manner as
- Properly care for and maintain company equipment including
scanners, telephones, vehicles etc... Communicate any deficiencies
- Document and provide appropriate client satisfaction
information to Logistics Management.
- Maintain professionalism and a service orientation with clients
using Everyday Excellence and the Five Guiding Principles.
- Demonstrate Everyday Excellence in the Quest Behaviors;
Agility, Customer Focus, Transparency, United as One Team and
Required Work Experience:
Valid Driver's license with a minimum of 1 year driving experience
and documentation of a Motor Vehicle Record with Preferred Work
1 year of experience in a customer service, logistics, or delivery
related job strongly preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Position requires travel
- Extensive use of phone and hand held device (PC)
- Prolonged standing/sitting/walking/driving
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds; may occasionally need to lift 40
pounds; carrying up to 15 pounds for several minutes at a time
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with clients,
supervisors and peers
- Vision-requires constant mental visual attention to details as
well as ability to see well in limited light scenarios
* General computer knowledge and experience with handheld scanner
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of collaboration
- Strong communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Customer Focus
- Act with a Sense of Urgency/ Importance
- Service driven
- Drive for Results
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Bradenton , Rep, Route Service, Other , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!