Ultrasound Technologist Full Time Varied
Company: Universal Health Services, Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job Title:Ultrasound TechnologistStatus:Full-TimeSchedule:Varied
*You will be considered for any openings for which you qualify. It
is not necessary to apply to multiple positions.* About Lakewood
Ranch Medical Center (LWRMC): LWRMC is the hospital of choice for
many families in the Manatee-Sarasota region. The hospital has
earned the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission. The
Gold Seal of Approval acknowledges the hospital's commitment to
meeting certain performance standards. Our medical staff includes
more than 600 physicians and allied health professionals who
practice in a wide range of specialties and use advanced medical
technology. LWRMC is conveniently located near I-75 and University
Parkway in Lakewood Ranch, Florida LWRMC offers comprehensive
benefits such as:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its
Subsidiaries Job Overview: Under the direction of a radiologist,
performs ultrasound exams at a technical level not requiring
constant supervision. Performs sonograms with a thorough
understanding of the equipment, cross-sectional anatomy and the
patient's circumstances under which he/she may be scanned. Will
work at the hospital's Main Campus, but may float to Free Standing
Emergency Department. Under the direction of a radiologist,
performs exams at a technical level not requiring constant direct
supervision. General Responsibilities:
- Performs sonograms with a thorough understanding of the
equipment, cross-sectional anatomy and the patient's circumstances
under which he/she may be scanned.
- Ability to perform all vascular exams (venous and arterial).
Ability to perform a variety of exams, such as General, Small
Parts, Breast, Vascular, OB and Gynecology.
- Ability to use independent judgment in performing these various
exams. Properly screens all patients to ensure there are no
contraindications for ordered exam.
- Performs quality control procedures as required by the
manufacture; evaluates all orders, verifies them with radiologist
if needed, and ensures correct exam is performed.
- Responsible for interacting with FED and hospital staff and/or
nursing departments regarding patient care, concerns, and conflicts
by identifying and assisting in the resolutions. Responsible and
accountable for maintaining performance skills.
- Demonstrates Service Excellence at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Satisfactory completion of formal training in an AMA approved
school of Diagnostic Sonography.
- Minimum 1 year experience as an Ultrasound Technologist in a
hospital setting preferred.
- Able to function competently and independently in Ultrasound to
include but not limited to General, Small parts, Vascular, OB and
- Registered by and in good standing with the ARDMS or ARRT in
Vascular (RVT) and one other discipline in Sonography is
- Multi registered in other disciplines, preferred.
- Current BLS/CPR certification, required.
- Familiarized with utilizing a Trophon sterilization system,
- Able to perform all quality control and accreditation testing.
For more information, please contact Maria Molfetto, Human
Resources Recruiter, at (941) 782-2106. EEO Statement All UHS
subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual
respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all
applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to
recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of
individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex
(including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),
genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among
our teammates is critical to our success. Notice At UHS and all our
subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are
here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and
experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our
subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best
in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting
us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Keywords: Universal Health Services, Inc., Bradenton , Ultrasound Technologist Full Time Varied, Other , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...