Relationship Banker (Part-Time 20) - Bradenton, FL
Company: Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted on: April 15, 2019
This position serves as the subject matter expert in the area of
retail branch sales and services. Focus is on using a consultative
sales approach to proactively identify both consumer and small
business customer needs, and to build and deepen relationships by
finding customized solutions to meet those needs. Ensures customer
needs are met by referring to other line-of-business partners for
additional business growth opportunities. Demonstrates passion for
delighting the customer by living the Customer Covenant every
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Creates an industry leading customer service experience by
following the Synovus Customer Service Standards.
* Engages customers in needs assessment conversations that
transitions to a closing product solution sale. Actively pursues
customer and non-customer new business by making proactive phone
calls to customers/prospects.
* Creates an excellent customer experience by identifying
cross-selling opportunities and refers customers to appropriate
line-of-business partners to optimize their financial
* Proactively works with customers and prospects to maintain a
consistent deposit and loan pipeline. Develops referral sources to
generate business for the individual and the team.
* Meets or exceeds individual performance sales goals while
supporting the goals of the branch.
* Is knowledgeable of bank products and services and is proficient
at opening and processing new demand and time deposit accounts
including passbook accounts, IRAs, certificates of deposit, and
money market accounts. Issues counter checks, performs changes of
address, redeems savings bonds, conducts money transfers, provides
access to safe deposit boxes, receives loan payments and sells/buys
foreign currency. Monitors account files and updates customers upon
maturity of fixed, time-based instruments. Follows established
policy and procedures ensuring accounts are opened accurately and
timely. Performs Teller credit and debit transactions as needed.
Follows established policy and procedures resulting in minimal cash
outages and cash item losses.
* Interviews consumer and small business loan applicants to
identify loan opportunities; processes and closes loans.
* Participates in daily kick-offs/huddles and weekly sales
meetings. Champions products as assigned and shares specific
product information and sales tips. Achieves 100% usage of sales
management tracking system to enter sales, send referrals, track
referrals, and monitor activities and goals.
* Knows and follows Branch Operations Standards. Follows business
code of conduct, compliance and regulatory guidelines and policies,
and PFP updates. Completes compliance and other assigned
technical/operations training on time. Completes all product and
sales, compliance and other assigned technical/operations training
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their
functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures,
laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role.
Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected
violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Achieving Goals: Focuses efforts on results that matter; builds
enthusiasm for the organization's goals; demonstrates a passion for
producing top quality work; handles high priority tasks with a
sense of urgency.
* Communicating: Communicates clearly and effectively in a concise
and straightforward manner; adapts communication style to the
audience and situation; openly shares information and keeps people
updated; listens patiently and asks questions to clarify others'
point of view.
* Customer Focus: Demonstrates a passion for exceptional customer
service; anticipates and responds to changing customer needs; leads
others to deliver outstanding customer service; champions company
standards associated with superior customer service.
* Interpersonal Skills: Connects personally and respectfully with
others; relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate
rapport; leverages the knowledge and skills of others.
* Initiative: Is personally committed to and actively works to
continuously improve him/herself; delegates effectively and to the
right level; understands that different situations and levels may
call for different skills and approaches; self starter to seize
opportunities as they arise.
* Job Knowledge: Shares knowledge willingly with others;
demonstrates insight into the industry, the market, and
competitors; demonstrates a strong work ethic and high
* Time Management: Uses own time effectively; values time; sets
priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity;
focuses on highest impact issues/activities; respects time of
* Adapting to Change: Remains flexible and open to new ways of
working; keeps an upbeat attitude, even in challenging or stressful
situations; can effectively cope with change; can shift gears
comfortably; shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or
The information on this description has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in
the workplace. Minimum Education: High school diploma or
Minimum Experience: One (1) year job-related experience, preferably
in a banking, sales or customer service environment. May consider
relevant college related programs in lieu of job experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Aptitude for consultative selling; prior sales/customer service
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability and desire
to establish rapport with customers.
* Working knowledge of computers
* Ability to adhere to company dress code
* Certification(s): This position requires successful registration
and issuance of a unique identification number from the Nationwide
Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and
Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT).
Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe
after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print
Keywords: Synovus Financial Corp., Bradenton , Relationship Banker (Part-Time 20) - Bradenton, FL, Other , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!