Experienced only CDL B Rolloff Driver
Company: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Posted on: January 12, 2020
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971.
With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest
trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and
leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural
Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states,
the District of Columbia, and Canada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best
drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled.
Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued
front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management
number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay,
great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night
and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary
Roll-Off Drivers safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is
responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile
open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or
recycle facilities and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will
navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may
operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes.
Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully
perform this job.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and
Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and
DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all
local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment
and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related
issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs,
briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies
and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions,
including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or
potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customers property
in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced,
and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day
documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch
and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Experience: 1 year(s) of previous experience operating a
vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the
last 7 years.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21
years of age.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an
air brake endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical,
and background check, which will include previous employment check,
criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements,
and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than
__ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a
video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: WASTE MANAGEMENT, Bradenton , Experienced only CDL B Rolloff Driver, Professions , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!