Plant Continuous Improvement Manager
Company: Graham Packaging Company
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Company Statement: Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of
sustainable packaging. From the kitchen to the laundry room, Graham
Packaging is part of your everyday life. They're the kind of people
you want as your friends and neighbors as well as your partners and
suppliers. By building strong relationships and creating value for
our customers, our employees embody the innovative spirit that's
inherent to Graham. We truly are people building a better tomorrow.
Overview:SummaryGraham Packaging is seeking a dynamic and
multidisciplinary Continuous Improvement Manager to optimize plant
systems, production line and equipment performance, and product
quality. The Continuous Improvement Manager will be skilled in
assessing and diagnosing the root causes of problems that lead to
defective products, production yield loss and reduced productive
uptime. The Continuous Improvement Manager will work with plants to
develop and manage A3 projects to systematically address the Pareto
of improvement opportunities using Lean tools and the Graham
Operational Excellence (OPEX) continuous improvement process. The
Continuous Improvement Manager will be knowledgeable in the
fundamentals of lean manufacturing including reduction of
variability, waste elimination, and theory of constraints to drive
continuous improvement. The position, regionally based, has CI
responsibility for the Graham network of plants. Each CI has a
focus area such as Rapid Change-Over, DOE / FMEA & 8D Complex
Problem Solving, Graham Operating System - CI Element, Yield &
Materials Kaizen, and Intelligent
Factory.Responsibilities:Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe
Continuous Improvement Manager's responsibilities are to:
- Use observation, questioning and data measurement to fully
understand and categorize yield and uptime issues.
- Identify and eliminate sources of variation that lead to
changes to the Standard Operating Condition (SOC).
- Facilitate problem solving to root cause elimination and
permanent reduction of variance.
- Analyze lines for constraints and bottlenecks to achieve
- Advocate for the Voice of the Customer (VOC) via process
capability and defect elimination.
- Assess standard work artifacts and training to identify the
origin of production flow issues.
- Contract or otherwise coordinate third parties to perform
equipment or system assessments.
- Conduct timing and point of loss yield studies to identify the
- Perform data analysis and prepare written reports in order make
visible the true nature of problems and opportunities.
- Develop a detailed root cause analysis for each problem, where
each root cause is validated through testing, i.e. the condition or
defect can be turned on or off.
- Develop countermeasures that could range from basic problem
containment to system repair to equipment replacement.
- Generate and communicate implementation plans using Gantt
charts and work breakdown structures.
- Coordinate central Operations & Engineering resources or third
parties to staff implementation plans as necessary.
- Formulate strategic improvement hypotheses within the A3
- Facilitate Problem Solving by leveraging/modeling the DMAIC
process and Kaizen.
- Lead Daily Management processes to validate that actions lead
to desired performance improvements.
- Support deployment of Lean tools such as 5S, Visual Factory
Aids, SMED concepts, VSM, VOC and Poke Yoke to improve plant
safety, quality and throughput performance.
- Proactively seek problems for resolution and quantify the
anticipated benefit of solving each particular problem.
- Follow through to assess and report on achieving desired
- Ensure appropriate standard work is developed and in place to
minimize problem reoccurrence.Qualifications:Education and/or Work
- BS degree in Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing
- Experience in an structured problem solving and continuous
improvement mindset workplace
- At least 7 years of experience working in plant operations in
multi-line manufacturing plant
- Experienced working in the plastics industryCore Proficiencies
- The following skills and proficiencies are essential
requirements of the position:
- Strong understanding of Operational Excellence, Lean
principals, statistics and data analysis.
- Rapid Changeover implementation experience using Lean tools,
Standard Work, and Project Management tools
- Proficient applying DMAIC or PDCA continuous improvement
- Deep knowledge in production line flow, yield and uptime
analysis for improvement.
- Knowledge of line design that optimizes line uptime i.e.
throughput, queueing, accumulation and bottleneck analysis.
- Skilled applying manual line measurements (e.g. Tic Charts) and
other data collection methods and measurement methods to understand
unit flow and loss characteristics
- Experienced in optimizing the performance of: o Factory systems
and line process inputs o Information flow o Raw materials flow,
conveyance, blending, and drying systems o Blow Molder lines for
throughput o Injection Molding lines for capability o Quality
systems for defect elimination o EHS systems for a safe working
environment o Operational systems for waste elimination o People
development for engagement and ownership
- Skilled in facilitation of Problem solving including 8D, FMEA,
Kaizen, Lean tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong coaching, mentoring skills#LI-BR1EEO Disclaimer: Graham
Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental
disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: Graham Packaging Company, Bradenton , Plant Continuous Improvement Manager, Professions , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!