Company: Oshkosh Corporation
Posted on: November 20, 2022
About Pierce, an Oshkosh companyAt Pierce Manufacturing, we
build trucks that protect people and communities around the world.
To our team, there is no room for anything less than providing the
absolute best. Since 1913, building truck bodies on Model T Ford
chassis in an old converted church has evolved to creating highly
customized, carefully designed and engineering pumpers, aerials,
tankers and rescue units that have no equal. Today, you'll find
more than 30,000 Pierce apparatuses on the road that are making a
difference in people's lives, every day. To us, every step in the
process of building our trucks is personal. From innovation and
expertise, to the customization and service. Our trucks are
designed to perform under the toughest conditions.With a career at
Pierce Manufacturing, you can expect:
- Competitive Pay - pay based on experience and education,
minimum starting pay of $17.58 per hour
- 2nd shift Premium of $2.00 per hour
- Merit increases at 90 days, 12 months and then annually
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability benefits,
401k plan & company match, tuition reimbursement, wellness
programs, paid time off, paid holidays, company stock purchase
program, discount program (cell phones, hotels, entertainment, gym
memberships and so much more), and reimbursement for safety shoes &
- Effective after 30 days
- Job & Company Stability
- Opportunities for Career Growth
- Hands-On Approach
- Customer Focus
- Culture for Fostering Teamwork
- Respected Leaders
- People First Culture
- Hiring ImmediatelyShift Overview:
- Openings on 1st and 2nd Shift
- 1st Shift: Monday - Friday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm; overtimes is
worked before and after shift, with potential Saturday
- 2nd shift: Monday - Friday 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm; overtime is
worked prior to shift, with potential Saturday overtimeBasic
- 1 or more years of relevant experience OR High School Diploma
or equivalent educationJOB SUMMARY:The Electrician is responsible
for installing and connecting various electrical wiring systems on
heavy trucks. The electrician is also responsible for ensuring
electrical systems are operating correctly for each unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install and connect various electric wiring systems.
- Install rough electric conduct and boxes according to
- Pull wires and harnesses through chassis or body.
- Mount standard and optional equipment and all necessary
- Conduct functional tests of electrical systems.
- Correct or adjust any identified problems.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Regular attendance required.
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Six months or more related experience.PREFFERED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical degree/certificate in Automotive Technology, Diesel,
Electro-Mechanical or related field or experience in automotive of
truck electrical repair and diagnostics.
- Demonstrated experience using various small and pneumatic hand
- Knowledge of AC/DC electricity.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, shop
orders, and computer ordering and inventory program.OTHER PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS:*All positions require the ability to perform the
essential functions of the position with or without reasonable
accommodations. Detailed physical job analysis available upon
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Sense of sound is required.
- Sense of balance is required.
- Limb and finger dexterity is required.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform twisting, turning, bending, climbing,
pushing, and pulling motions.
- Ability to lift at least 80lbs.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)-steel-toe
shoes, safety glasses, vest.
WORKING CONDITIONS:Working conditions will be inside and outside
where temperatures will vary from extreme heat to extreme cold for
extended periods of time. This position is regularly exposed to
vibration and loud noises.Oshkosh is committed to working with and
offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with
disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to
disability for any part of the employment process, please contact
us at: 920-502-3009 or
firstname.lastname@example.org.Oshkosh Corporation is
an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company
will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information
collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way
affect the decision regarding an employment application.Oshkosh
Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.Certain
positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled
goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants
for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in
these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted
as a refugee or granted asylum.
Keywords: Oshkosh Corporation, Bradenton , Electrician ($17.58+/hr), Professions , Bradenton, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!